Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Animating Gears & Gradient Fill

Not certain if this is of any help.

Its made with two 26 point beveled QuickShape "stars" and 6 frames in Xara Xtreme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyGears1a.gif 
Views:	162 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	36598  

Question Re: Animating Gears & Gradient Fill

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc View Post
    Okay, I think I've figured this out and that blend and boolean works for rotating gears. (watch it not work when displayed here )

Anyway, what I did is turned rulers on and when I clicked on the gear to get rotation handles and the center location, I used the intersection of the top and side ruler to line up the center pivot. This seems to solve the wobbling gear using the method I displayed. I have no idea why other than when not using the built in guides and rulers of Xara, the pivot center of the manufactured gear is not actually centered and defaults to center of the original object which is not really there. Does that make sense? Me neither.

Anyway it appears to work, why I don't know. My apologies to Charles and Company, there appears to be no bug in blends or boolean, just another user error.

Control L to show Rulers btw.
    Thanks for Posting Your Findings... When you put the Rulers 'dead on' you me the 0,0 point at the Center of the Gear?
    Tom - Hwy101

Thumbs up Re: Animating Gears & Gradient Fill

Quote Originally Posted by Bob C. View Post
    Not certain if this is of any help.

Its made with two 26 point beveled QuickShape "stars" and 6 frames in Xara Xtreme
    Thanks Bob C - I Love Your Star-Gears! They are Great! Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

Default Re: Animating Gears & Gradient Fill

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    Thanks for Posting Your Findings... When you put the Rulers 'dead on' you me the 0,0 point at the Center of the Gear?
    Yeah.

If you look at the handles (actually the skew handles) on the top and the bottom, the center of those is center on top and sides. You then drag the ruler guides where they are exactly dead center of those handles and you should get the center of the object where the ruler guides intersect.

You can the drag the object origin point where the ruler guides intersect.

That would be the centered location for the object.