Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi, anyone know of a way of setting X1 to open/save files to the 'last used'?

Every time I start X1 it defaults to 'My Documents' but as I save my Xara files in their own folder and sub folders, it can be a royal pain when it reverts back to MyDocs on starting the program.

Hi, anyone know of a way of setting X1 to open/save files to the 'last used'?

Every time I start X1 it defaults to 'My Documents' but as I save my Xara files in their own folder and sub folders, it can be a royal pain when it reverts back to MyDocs on starting the program.

Go to Options | General and tick Save Settings on Exit.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi PsychoPaint,

Welcome to Talkgraphics. Here is a pretty picture to go along with allisons quickie answer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.gif 
Views:	309 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	17301  
    John/DOT

I never realized that was what that was for (smack upside the head!)

All Windows programs default to My Documents.

However with Xara, if you save a file to a folder, this should remain the folder Xara saves to until you tell it different.

If you save a file to a folder, and then delete the file or the folder, then Xara will revert to the dreaded My Documents folder.

Gary

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks a million folks, works great. As I keep all my Xara files on a second drive, it was a pain shuffling around drives and folders to open and save files.

> the dreaded My Documents folder

Well, that's one description. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif My adjective is usually chosen from among "nasty", "detestable", "horrid", "#@&%" and "&*@#!". http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Actually, I like it... you can move it to where you want it too. I put mine on my D: drive, which is where I keep all my data files. On my main C: drive I just have programs and bin data, like sound files, icons, etc.
    I have Win XP home SP1
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1