Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Making a gif spin

Will someone please point me in the right direction to a programme that gives gifs the impression its spinning, for example I sent someone on another forum a picture of a club badge and he sent it me back with the thing spinning and he wont let on how he done it. I've looked all over the net for some programme that will do it but came a cropper.

This is what he done from a still picture
    http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5...tercitytj7.gif

Any help would be genually appreciated

cheers
    IP

Default Re: Making a gif spin

I'm quite positive that animation was created in Xara3D. There are sections devoted to Xara3D in this forum. I suggest you look into both the prg and the threads in the forum.
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Hello Blootoof,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

As Bob (Drifter) said, the animation was created using Xara3D. The vector shapes were most likely created in Xara Xtreme or Xara Webster.

The Xara3D forum here at Talkgraphics http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18 has many examples of how to make the vector shapes and animating them in Xara3D.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Cheers for the reply's. I should have had a better look around your site before posting as I did find what I wanted from another thread.

Cheers again, Oh and nice site
    IP

Sorry to be a pain again. I've just downloaded the trial version of Xara extreme pro, I open the image I want to spin, then what?

Maybe I'm being naive but I was half expecting a big button with spin written on it . I take it there is something in there that kinda does it all for you? I'm all willin to learn I just need the jist of it.

cheers again
    IP

Hello Blootoof,

Useing Xara Xtreme Pro, you need to import the image of the logo. Then you need to use one of the drawing tools (Pen Tool, Shape Editor Tool, Freehand Tool) to draw (trace) around the shape you want.

After creating a complete shape you can copy it to the clipboard. Then you need Xara3D6 open. Paste the shape into the work area of Xara3D6. Change the bevel, depth of the extrusion, etc. to your liking. Use the original image of the logo as a Texture (this applies the colour and the lines you see in your friends example). Select the type of animation you want. Select the File Menu and Export Animation to save a copy to your hard drive. Use File Menu and Save to save your Xara3D6 file for future use if you want to make changes.

Egg Bramhill has an excellent video tutorial showing how to draw around the portion of an image you want to use. Extracting Part of a Photograph

I moved your Thread to the Xara3D forum.
    Last edited by Soquili; 21 March 2007 at 04:49 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP