Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another YinYang animation - 105K!

As I mentioned a few days ago, I still play around with the YinYang shapes, and recently made this variation. It is quite a small image, but has 48 frames! Unfortunately, fewer frames spoiled the effect, especially for the mini-YinYangs so I elected for a smaller image, but even set in a 1280 x 1024 desktop on a black background (centred, not tiled or stretched!) it is quite effective.

I am running out of ideas, though, so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for other variations, I am open to them.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Another YinYang animation - 105K!

That's totally cool.

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Brilliantly constructed Mike.
    Maybe you could construct a gallery of all your YinYangs together from start to present.
    Also you could employ the background option.

Anas

Very Nice, I really like the movment on this one.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Mike,
    Your work is astounding. I really like the liquid or fluid effect of this one!!!!
    Great work.
    ron

Thanks for the positive comments.

I think the smoothness/fluidity is entirely due to the 48 frames in the cycle, which was as many as Xara3D could fit within its 150-character limit. There are 48 pages, each with three characters consisting of two yinyang shapes and a pagebreak character, with the last page not needing a pagebreak character; 3 x 48 = 144 -1 = 143. That means each of the shapes is rotating 7.5 degrees per frame.

That gave me the option to delete every second frame to make a 24 frame anim, or even cut it down to twelve frames, if necessary, just by importing the animated gif into XaraXtreme and removing the unwanted frames from the frame gallery. Of course, smoothness suffers when you remove frames, and I found that even 24 frames per cycle rather spoilt the effect, so I decided I would rather cut down the size than cut down the frames.

Mike

I like the small yin-yang that I didn't notice the first time I viewed it. Nice touch. You are a brilliant animator. You are also impossibly creative with that program.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I can just imaging how happy you felt when it all came together. Just seeing the way the yin & yang objects move with each other, tells of the amount of work and precision put into this.
    May I ask you... How long did the piece take you. It's absolutely brilliant and definitely captures the mind.

I actually have a suggestion, as you asked for.
    I am sure you are aware of the meaning of the design. With this in mind, might I suggest that cycles be used to portray the seeds of one, growing into the other??
    If you need a clearer explaination, just ask.

Great animation Mike.

Paul I'm not sure I follow you. The following quote appears to be perfectly displayed in Mike's animation:

Yīn (陰 or 阴 "shady place, north slope, south bank (river); cloudy, overcast"; Japanese: in or on; Korean: 음) is the dark element: it is passive, dark, feminine, downward-seeking, and corresponds to the night.
    Yáng (陽 or 阳 "sunny place, south slope, north bank (river), sunshine"; Japanese: ; Korean: 양) is the bright element: it is active, light, masculine, upward-seeking and corresponds to the daytime.
    Yin is often symbolized by water and air, while yang is symbolized by fire and earth.
    Yin (dark) and yang (light) are descriptions of complementary opposites rather than absolutes. Any yin/yang dichotomy can be viewed from another perspective. All forces in nature can be seen as having yin and yang states, and the two are in constant movement rather than held in absolute stasis.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update