Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Full screen

Default Full screen

Have Xtreme Pro. When clicking on <window> <Full screen> while application window is maximized full screen option doesn't work. Only extra bar with File ,edit...commands shows up when I put curser near top of screen(original one still there). Even though applcation window remains the same with no change. When I uncheck full screen application window shrinks even though still in maximized setting. When application window is not at the maximized setting Full screen works fine only when application is maximed it don't work properly. Anyone else having same problem?

Default Re: Full screen

Dosnt appear to work in pro like it used to unless you have the windows XP taskbar option 'keep the taskbar on top of other windows' unticked
    hummmm - thers a thing....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Dosnt appear to work in pro like it used to unless you have the windows XP taskbar option 'keep the taskbar on top of other windows' unticked
    hummmm - thers a thing....
    I'll try that tonight. Not a major problem just notice it yesterday.

yeh just one a those things..
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, Handdrawn, I'm having that same problem and unchecking that box works. I do, however, miss having my taskbar visible at all times. Any chance of this being fixed?
    -=Bob=-

I am using Vista can't see any difference from full screen before. Maybe it was my settings in XP but I always thought the you had to see the task bar?
    Design is thinking made visual.

I only recently learned that Full Screen mode has it's own Control Bars settings. Launch Full Screen, go to Window - Control bars... and untick all the bars you want hidden in the fs mode. Unfortunately the colour bar is always there, but otherwise it works fine. XPro 3.2.3.2440.

As I recall the issue was that with xtreme [pre-pro] the color bar automatically went behind the windows task bar in full screen mode - in pro it sits on top. Like Jon I know of no way of switching out the color bar in xara.

XP Windows task bar can be hidden - either unitick the 'always on top' or there is also auto hide option. If I want it back I just press the windows key - may well be other ways.

Can't comment on Vista, except to say I hear a rumour MS are considering an early cessation of XP OEM - Hummmm if that be so I wonder why....
    Nothing lasts forever...