Default Re: Splash Screen

ah to splash or not to splash - that is the question
    will do Bill
    personally I'm for it, I'd worry if it wasn't there
    Last edited by handrawn; 22 March 2007 at 09:24 AM. Reason: add last line
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm with the majority here. The splashscreen serves a purpose. Disabling it will, I am certain, not allow you to get at the application any faster. It's purpose is to let you know that the app is not yet ready to interact with you, so you know that it's not frozen or busted in some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by minstrel View Post
    ...is there any chance the actual .xar file be exposed to the community? I'm challenged by the 'light/ray' effects and would love to pick it apart and see how it's done.
    Open your program files folder

C:/Program Files/Xara/Xara XtremePro/WebFiles/Eng/ open *.web files and learn
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Quote Originally Posted by minimiro View Post
    Open your program files folder

C:/Program Files/Xara/Xara XtremePro/WebFiles/Eng/ open *.web files and learn
    The main part is in bitmap form in these files. People probably asked about vector source.
    Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by

Well, I must say I was quite surprised to see all this feedback to a silly question. Like I explain on the first sentence of my inquiry this is my quirk to turn off the splash screens in different programs if I have this option.

There is no need to explain why I want this, just because, maybe I believe it saves a few seconds, maybe I like a clean start. It has nothing to do with the design or whether I like to look at it or not.
    Anger management as suggested should be taken by the other users here that use profanity for no reason.

A simple "cannot be done" would have sufficed and my apologies if I have touched any nerves there.

Let's put this matter to rest and move on in doing a bit more creative work.

Lefteris
    Knowledge is King!

Don't worry, that was funny thread
    Regards, Dmitry.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteris View Post
    Well, I must say I was quite surprised to see all this feedback to a silly question. Like I explain on the first sentence of my inquiry this is my quirk to turn off the splash screens in different programs if I have this option.

There is no need to explain why I want this, just because, maybe I believe it saves a few seconds, maybe I like a clean start. It has nothing to do with the design or whether I like to look at it or not.
    Anger management as suggested should be taken by the other users here that use profanity for no reason.

A simple "cannot be done" would have sufficed and my apologies if I have touched any nerves there.

Let's put this matter to rest and move on in doing a bit more creative work.

Lefteris
    If it's any consolation, I'd also like to be able to turn the splash screen off.
    It seemed a perfectly reasonable enquiry too.

I would love to find out how many other programs that you use, you can turn the screen off? Please let me know, private message is fine too.
    The xara screen is on less than 5 sec, and while it is on it is loading the program. I am not mad at the question or oppose it neither support it, just wanted to know what other programs you had success with?

Adobe Lightroom have such option in preferences.
    Regards, Dmitry.

Interesting.