Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Everyone!

I have a problem using the XaraX1 CD to install it on my computer. Every time I try to install, the installation fails after the step where I try to select a program folder to install to.

I have tried removing all instances of XaraX1 from my computer including the registry. That didn't help. I have tried installing after transferring all of the CD disk contents to my hard drive. That didn't help. I have even tried installing in safe mode. No go!

So help! Do you know any way to get it installed?

Thanks a lot for your help.

J. Dent

Hi Everyone!

I have a problem using the XaraX1 CD to install it on my computer. Every time I try to install, the installation fails after the step where I try to select a program folder to install to.

I have tried removing all instances of XaraX1 from my computer including the registry. That didn't help. I have tried installing after transferring all of the CD disk contents to my hard drive. That didn't help. I have even tried installing in safe mode. No go!

So help! Do you know any way to get it installed?

Thanks a lot for your help.

J. Dent

Let the program install into the default folder, and be sure to be connected to the internet during the setup as the program will want to update itself. - A

Please follow the steps below should your installation fail to complete.

1. Select start followed by run and type regedit
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Xara\Xara X1
    3. Click your right mouse button upon the Xara X1 key and select delete. Click yes from the 'confirm key delete' window.
    4. Close the registry editor and install Xara X¹ from your CD ensuring your virus software and any registry monitoring tool is disabled. Administrative access is also required if you are installing on Windows 2000/XP Pro.

Thanx Bb2,

I had tried this before but this time it worked! WhoDa' guessed the second time would be a charm!!