Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Printing large image

Hi All,
    I'm new to Xara and I'm really liking it so far. I make patterns, basically line drawings, that I want to be able to resize without loss of definition of the lines. Vectors are perfect for this and Xara is by far the easiest program I've found to manipulate the lines.
    However, I can't figure out how to print the image across multiple pages or print just part of the image on each page so that I can then tape the pages together to get the full pattern. Is this possible? Or will I have to export the file to another program? I'd rather do everything from within Xara if I can. I've had trouble getting an image to load into Paintshop as a vector so I can print it from there.
    Thanks for any help. You all do wonderful work. I'm amzed at your artwork.
    Dee

Default Re: Printing large image

Hello Dee,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Maybe this thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...multiple+pages will help.

I've never used the technique myself, but it may be what you want.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the fast reply. I had looked around the forum but didn't see that thread. I'll give it a try.

Dee

On the rare occasions when I've needed an image to be printed large, I've made it the size I want, converted it to PDF, Tiff or Jpeg, then taken it to a commercial printer (usually Kinko's.)

The results have been excellent.
    ---
    Will

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I have also done what Wolfmoon suggests. I created a Monopoly board and had it printed 2 foot x 2 foot at Kwik Kopy. It turned out quite well.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Hi Dee,
    Have a few ideas for you but need to ask a few questions first, are there any bitmaps included in the drawing. If there is read this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=22869

If there not why not think of your drawing as say 3 A4 sheets wide and 2 sheets in height and the do the drawing to say 95% of that size to allow for your tiling margins so that you can stick them together at the end. Then do a 95% A4 rectangle and use clipview to cut out your drawing and then use the multiple pages routine and print it out.
    Design is thinking made visual.

There aren't any bitmaps. Its just a line drawing, really. I played with it a bit and some of the tips from the first link, and I got it to print out how I wanted it. I'll try your suggestion too and see which way is easiest.
    Thanks,
    Dee