Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Template questions

I finally am satisfied with the 'business card' that I created. The dimensions are 3.5 inches wide X 2 inches high. How do I print these so that I can print to "Avery" business card sheet #8371? I looked at the templates that come in the clip art folder, but I don't really understand how to use them. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me.

Bob

PS. I copied/pasted directly from XXPro into WORD and it showed up correctly on screen, but when I selected labels and the Avery business card form and actually printed the formatting was all wrong and the graphic was absent.

Default Re: Template questions

Hi Bob

Measure the perforations on one of the Avery pages and recreate this in Xara. Add guidelines (from the screen rulers) to the card locations. Place a rectangle around your card and set the fill and outline to none.

Copy and paste your card into the corresponding areas and snap the card into the spaces created with the guidelines.

Turn on the print borders (Window > Show Print Borders) to see what portion of the page may not be printable on your desktop printer.

Now it is a matter of getting the Avery paper to go through your printer in the same direction as your cards. Trial and error.

There are some existing templates in the Xara Xone Shareware > Templates page.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	template.gif 
Views:	315 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	35739  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 08 March 2007 at 02:51 PM.

Bob,

Attached is the template I use for business cards. The red lines are all on the guides layer, so won't print. Just center your design within each rectangle - in other words, copy and paste 10 times - and print.

Mickie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mickie,
    That was very kind of you!
    ron

Thank you both very much. You can always depend on the forum members!

Bob

PS. Mickie's template was EXCELLENT, just what I needed. Thanks again.
    Last edited by BobMoyer; 08 March 2007 at 06:57 PM.

Glad I could be of help ... designing a template can be a necessary, but not necessarily fun, part of a project. Since I had one, I hope it will help others to skip right over to the fun part.

Mickie

Also if you have a batch of labels or Biz cards that you want to print and you cant devise a template yourself, export your Xara file as a tiff. at the correct res. Then go to Avery's site and download DesignPro 5, pick your template out of the huge list and follow the wizard and import your tiff. file and let the programme do the rest. It even works for full colour bleed off and it is really simple so that none computer type folk and use it easily and get great results each time the. The only thing that it can't do is to print on both sides but even that could be overcome by producing an other file and printing again.
    Design is thinking made visual.

The template was just what I needed, although the guides needed some slight adjusting. Thanks!

Jim

There are a bunch of templates at the XaraXone made a few years back...go about half way down the page

http://xaraxone.com/html/templates.html

Joel