Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Bring picture in front?

i got 2 pictures pasted on the same page but the one i want in front is being coverd by the other one how i pull a picture in front of another one>?
    IP

Default Re: Bring picture in front?

when you paste in Photoshop it puts that item on a new layer just use the layers pallet to drag things up or down in the order you want.
    If you only have two layers you have to double click on the background layer icon in the layer pallet to change it to a nomal layer, if you do not it is locked in place.
    IP

ref to other post I should have said as you hover over the layers in the layers pallet the mouse cursor changes to a hand then just left click and drag and drop in the order you want.
    IP

The responses given above regarding how to bring a picture to front in Adobe Photoshop is not correct and confusing.

In Adobe Photoshop Version 9 (CS2), in order to bring a picture (a Layer) in front of another picture (Layer), first select the layer of interest by clicking on the layer (picture) or on the palette icon in the right bottom corner of the page, then go to Top bar in Adobe Photoshop, select Layer, go down to Arrange, then select Bring to Front. Similarly, you can send any image to the back of another image by selecting the image and then select Send to Back. Hope now it is clear to you.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by georgej View Post
    The responses given above regarding how to bring a picture to front in Adobe Photoshop is not correct and confusing.
    Why make a thing about this old post? If what I said was not correct, may others would have jumped in and told me so some time ago.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 12 October 2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: fix broken quote
    IP

I nearly always drag layers in photoshop, ver6 and CS3, oh and elements too... [either that or I am hallucinating ]

I think I can count the number of times I have used the menu to do this on the toes of a ducks foot....

EDIT - course that's windows - maybe it does not work like that on a mac?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP