Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Xara's graphic designer position

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    I mean, doesn't it sound like we'll be getting MORE features to compete with Illustrator? Doesn't it sound like he is hinting at that?

relax!

RonC
    Exactly

You need to be able to read between the lines for goodness sake.

Good candidates will.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    If he does, I then take this article and copy it, and then distribute it to other newspapers
    This works. Persistently! It's the subject approach that counts.

Anders
    IP

Check the rating in these links: It's all 5 stars or 9/10/ You can just copy these links, make those lines bold and put it on the front page.

http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/reviews/Xara+X1/
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/vec...xaraxtreme.htm
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Xara_X/4505-...-20648593.html
    IP

I love this subhead, and feel the vibes from it, in Cnet Reviews, link supplied by Availor.

A familiar face for illustrators

Anders
    Last edited by Anders 205; 02 March 2007 at 10:08 AM.
    IP

I think Charles' responses end the debate and the discussion should move on. I don't see a problem with a company advertising for someone to fill a position and requesting that that person come with specific skills and experience. Yes, I do get the argument about specifically naming a competitor's product in a job description but Charles is not hiring someone to SELL Illustrator, he's hiring someone with an Illustrator background. This happens all the time in business - hire people with particular skills and experience with a competitor's product in order to learn from those skills and that experience in order to make your product more competitive. BMW poaches engineers from Mercedes, Nissan poaches designers from Fiat. No one wrings their hands and starts moaning about negative advertising by virtue of Subaru hiring the fellow that designed the latest Citroen to design their latest sedan, do they? (Incidentally, I made these examples up because I don't quite remember who hired whom to do what...). Anyway, this thread is going nowhere fast and I can't see the point. No damage is or will be done to Xara or its product as a result of advertising for a person with an Illustrator background. I think we're becoming so obsessed with the product that we're losing sight of how far below the general public's radar it flies. Hiring an Illustrator guru might just help Charles change all that!
    IP

Smile Re: Xara's graphic designer position

Hopefully the new Xara designer will become a contributor here at talkgraphics. Maybe a featured artist on Xara Xone.
    IP

Darwin that is very well said, I totally agree with you and several others posting to this thread.

I will now close the thread as it has gone longer with some debate that was not needed.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP