Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question about ordering Xara Extreme

Hello,

First off I just want to say hello. I am new to Xara but it seems like it will be a great program for the web graphics that I want to create.

I was talking to a family member about the Xara Extreme program and about the Xara3D download special that Xara was offering during the week of 2/10-2/19. Without me knowing he ordered the product for me.

According to the information that I read he should have an account at Xara where he (or I seeing that the product is meant for me not him) could login to download both Xara Extreme (which was paid for) and Xara3D (download edition which is free per the promotion). However, during the purchasing process it only asks for a email address and not a password. Nor did he receive any email from Xara with any type of account information.

Checking his credit card logs we verified that Xara did in fact debit his credit card for the software. I have sent two different web support forms to Xara requesting information of how this process is suppose to work but I've yet to hear any type of response save for the automated responses when you first submit the tickets.

I understand by reading this forum that Xara was just purchased by Magix and that may be the source of the confusion in the support staff but I would think that would be resolved fairly soon if in fact there is any change over at all.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this type of issue in obtaining their software or if there is further action that I should take. I would like to get up and running with Xara Etreme ASAP for I am designing a website and require graphics .

I guess what concerns me is that it is now after 2/19 and I would still like to get my download copy of Xara 3D and Xara Extreme (even though Extreme should be shipping to me via CD (I hope)). I cannot use the demo version because I've used them in the past and my 30 days has expired.

There are a couple of other Xara products that I am looking at purchasing but at the moment I am hesitant to do any more business with this company until my current situation is resolved.

Any help or advise would be appreciated. Also, I apologize if this isn't the place for this post I didn't know what topic to put it under seeing that it was not about the usage of the product but the obtaining of it.

Thank you,
    WiFi

Default Re: Question about ordering Xara Extreme

Hello WiFi,

Get to the www.xara.com website. In the upper left corner is a login box. Enter the email address provided when the product was ordered and the correct password. When these are entered and correct, click "Sign In" to find yourself at your own personal download page. On that page you will find download links AND license keys for the products you have ordered.

Hope this helps,
    -- Sam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap56.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	35236  

My problem is that I have the email address that was used to purchase the product but I was never given a password. According to the documentation when you goto order the product Xara is suppose to send you a unique password. We never received this and we've been through the password hint/reset screen several times and not once have we received an email with any type of password information. Not 10 minutes ago I did a search though all of the emails in that email box and the only Xara emails that came up are the four automated responses that they received my ticket and someone will get back to me shorty (the first one reaching almost a week old now).

Upon reading this forum and doing a search on the web about Xara's customer service I've seen several people having issues with communication from Xara regarding issues.

I'm not expecting anyone here to actually help me with this problem (after all that isn't the purpose of these forums) I was more interested if this was normal behavior of Xara?

Does it take a week or more to receive your initial password for you account?

Does it take a week or more for customer service to respond to your inquires?

I figured this would be the place to ask these questions because 90% of the people on these forums use the product.
    Last edited by WiFiGamer; 21 February 2007 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WiFiGamer View Post
    My problem is that I have the email address that was used to purchase the product but I was never given a password. According to the documentation when you goto order the product Xara is suppose to send you a unique password. We never received this and we've been through the password hint/reset screen several times and not once have we received an email with any type of password information. Not 10 minutes ago I did a search though all of the emails in that email box and the only Xara emails that came up are the four automated responses that they received my ticket and someone will get back to me shorty (the first one reaching almost a week old now).

Upon reading this forum and doing a search on the web about Xara's customer service I've seen several people having issues with communication from Xara regarding issues.

I'm not expecting anyone here to actually help me with this problem (after all that isn't the purpose of these forums) I was more interested if this was normal behavior of Xara?

Does it take a week or more to receive your initial password for you account?

Does it take a week or more for customer service to respond to your inquires?

I figured this would be the place to ask these questions because 90% of the people on these forums use the product.
    I think from memory that there is a 'forgot password' option when signing in, if so enter the email address and click to have a new password emailed. I had a similar situation when a friend bought webstyle for me, an email from me to xara got this sorted and the licence was transferred to my account.

I used the forgot password several times and never got an email sent to the address that was used to buy the product.

I've sent 4 emails to Xara now (support, sales, admin, and I forget who the 4th one went to) and tomorrow the first one will be a week old and I haven't heard from them yet.

Does it usually take a week or more for a response?

Did you check your spam folder in case your email host decided that it was unsolicited bulk mail? I have had this problem with a forum I run where new some new members complained they did not receive a confirmation mail, it turned out it was being treated as spam.

Just checked at xara.com and found that if you enter your email address and click on password hint it brings up a new screen where you can enter

Your XaraClub username: or Your e-mail address: or Your serial number:
    This should generate an automated reply with the info you need.

Yes,
    I've been there and actually that is where I filled in the 4th ticket information at because that didn't work either.

I'm attempting to get my family member to check his spam filters to see if it's getting dumped.

I just wish I'd hear something back from Xara. Three of the tickets I sent them I send with my email address and I've yet to hear back form them either. And I know my filters are off.

That is a shame, I wonder if it is due to the take over by Magix and things are a bit mixed up at the moment. In the past I always received a pretty quick reply from Xara, lets hope they get sorted real soon so you can get the info you need

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    That is a shame, I wonder if it is due to the take over by Magix and things are a bit mixed up at the moment. In the past I always received a pretty quick reply from Xara, lets hope they get sorted real soon so you can get the info you need
    Not sure what happened. But i finally received a reply. Took nearly a week but it came . I down loaded the software and I'm up and running.

Thank you for your help Doc and Sammo.

Not to start posting to the other topics because I already have a question

See you on the forums...

And sorry for being a pain.