Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation (Access violation ... 0x00221D1A) on exporting

Access violation exception at offset 0x00221D1A

I get this error when i try to export drawings I made to flash(swf) or Illustrator (ai/eps) I've avoided most options that i thought could cause errors on export such as transparencies, and i turned groups and masks to editable shapes, and i still get this error. I need to find a way to import my work into flash.
    I'm using Xara Xtreme 2.0 DL Oct 4 2005.

Can someone help me with this?
    thank u in advance

Default Re: (Access violation ... 0x00221D1A) on exporting

Flash and AI are two different animals, but generally the same rules apply.
    As you said, certain types of transparency isn't allowed.

Also and it depends on which program the AI/Flash file is imported to:

No feathering
    No Clipview unless it is grouped
    No Brushes or Brush work
    If you use boolean objects, be sure and remove all strokes (line width zero)

Generally speaking what you want to import into Flash is simple artwork (simple meaning no effects that Flash doesn't have.)

thank you jamesmc for ur reply
    yes, i've tried all the points you mentioned, still i face the same problem.
    looks like i'll have to redraw again on illustrator to successfuly import into flash
    i exported many times before to ai/swf but i don't know wts wrong this time.
    xara has never failed me like that before.

i'm still hoping for an answer to this problem , either by me or by a member of this good forum.

I use SwishMax which is sort of a clone of Macromedia's Flash with less tools.

Never had a problem importing SWF vectors from Xara as long as I followed a few basic rules. I'm not sure about AI as Swish won't import those.

I do import AI regularly into my 3D program from Xara and never have a problem as long as I don't forget to get rid of the strokes in objects I boolean.

After using the tryout from Adobe Illustrator for a few days now, I know there are some options for exporting to older formats perhaps one of these is best for your project.

once again I thank you jamesmc...
    but I think I did, I was testing another file and it exported perfectly, so I copied some objects from the defected file into the clean file and tried exporting from there and it worked well... then I tried an old defected file, coped contents to a new file and it also worked well...
    A very good thing to mention is that I had a contact from someone from Xara.com to check on the problem, I'm so thankful to these people.
    Anyways, I think the problem happens when I change the background color of the file, (by pressing ctrl+dragging the color to the canvas) I think that was the problem.
    I'm glad this matter is solved now,
    Thank you and good luck to all..
    Last edited by lordashraf; 16 February 2007 at 02:25 AM.