Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Things that should have been added

First of all thanks to the Xara team for adding the one thing that I really needed and that is Photoshop support. Part of the reason for always being frowned upon when I use Xara and need to work in the non-Xara world is compatibility with Adobe products, thank you VERY much for this. There are however many small suggestions been added to wish lists over time on this forum that would be easy to implement and one that never seems to get put in is the ability to rotate groups of points independently when editing an object so let's say that you have drawn a character and his arm is down but you want to bend it up, you have to cut the arm at the elbow, rotate it and the reattach it and clean up the extra points that were introduced. What a pain, this has been a feature in other programs for a long time and actually one time a long time back I mentioned it in a wish list and Charles said that it was already a planned feature but then nothing happened with that for the next several upgrades. For anyone who has to do work requiring this type of art this is a HUUUUGE timesaver and yet I would trade a lot of the newer features since X came out for this tiny little feature. There have been many other small enhancements like this that have been in wishlists that have been totally forgotten that I think many people would agree we could definitely use more than some of the other features like flash animation, which I do love the swf export but I can animate whatever in Flash.

Other than that, Xara Corp. thanks alot for the upgrade. Cheers, and I'm glad Xara is finally charging a decent price for their upgrade.

s.g.
    Last edited by sgiff; 28 November 2006 at 11:56 PM.

Default Re: Things that should have been added

Glad you like the upgrade, and thanks for your feedback. But as always we can never make everyone happy and fulfil every wish. A feature that you consider easy to implement may not be, as you don't know the ins and outs of the development of the program. Or perhaps someone would disagree with you that it's a good feature. Or maybe another feature that someone is glad we have done would have been dropped (you say you can animate in Flash, but many can't or can't afford to do so).

There are things that I would have liked to see in the program that aren't there, and I think everyone has these personal wishes. But at the end of the day there is a wish-list of features, and decisions are made based upon appeal and how much work is required. And many of the improvements that are in Pro are from TalkGraphics comments. The improved multi-monitor support, better TIFF import, and the new ruler origin point have all come from comments here.

So, maybe next time!
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Exclamation Re: Things that should have been added

first of all thank you guys that you keep upgrading this cool program!
    i love it!

but concerning rotating of the group of points i think this is the main weakness of this program.

I use this program since 97 and i sent you several emails about that disadvantage!

you say standart frase that you can never make everyone happy and fulfil every wish, if I were you I would say the same, but please read that wish!
    and beleve me, adding that feature you would make everybody happier!
    I dont think that it hard to do, watching the stuff you already made!

by the way, is there any wish-list of features where i could vote for that feature?

thanks anyway!