Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Did everyone remember to change the Key in Regedit? It would be nice if Xara would make some of these Regedits a little more "User Friendly" (unless of course they already have and I've just missed it <smile&gthttp://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    --
    Phillip

(Modified from a previous thread ... by Gary P.) Please correct me if this is incorrect. I'm no expert at these things <smile>. Maybe someone who is an expert would tell me if there is any differce (in this case) between modifying the hex value or the decimal value? Thanks.

Try this, "....and if you're willing to muddle in the windows registry, there is an option that will backup your previous copy (to filename.bak) everytime you save:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareXara1OptionsFilters
    Change "MakeBakFiles" from 0 to 1" Unquote.
    --
    Phillip

Did everyone remember to change the Key in Regedit? It would be nice if Xara would make some of these Regedits a little more "User Friendly" (unless of course they already have and I've just missed it <smile&gthttp://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    --
    Phillip

(Modified from a previous thread ... by Gary P.) Please correct me if this is incorrect. I'm no expert at these things <smile>. Maybe someone who is an expert would tell me if there is any differce (in this case) between modifying the hex value or the decimal value? Thanks.

Try this, "....and if you're willing to muddle in the windows registry, there is an option that will backup your previous copy (to filename.bak) everytime you save:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareXara1OptionsFilters
    Change "MakeBakFiles" from 0 to 1" Unquote.
    --
    Phillip

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Phillip,

As long as the value is less than 10 decimal and hex are interchangeable. Greater than 10 and you get differences...
    10=A
    11=B
    12=C
    13=D
    14=E
    15=F

Binary to hex... now that is a much bigger difference.
    1111=F=15
    1010=A=10
    John/DOT

I agree Phillip, this is an area that needs some attention.

I have requested before and directly to tech support that in the new version, now or in the future, that even upon a crash XaraX should have an options dialog popup that would give the user the choice to save the unfinished work and then exit. Also a new tab should be added on for Saving Files, Backing up Files, etc...... There are so many registry tweaks it would be nice to have a tab with many of these tweaks easily adjusted through the program and not send the user to the registry to fiddle with it, kinda rudimentary!!

Also, I still would like to see in the right click menu when two (or more) objects are selected: group/ungroup and in the copy object area, under that paste attributes added there. That would make life a little easier while working away on a project!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

In the meantime, perhaps someone with a site could maintain a summary of manual registry entries, then post a message with a link to it when it gets updated. ????

Another entry that comes to mind is for changing the size of the arrowheads.

The thought of little standalone app to
    tweak Xara registry settings visit me some
    time ago, unfortunatelly Im very busy right
    now, but TG members could gather registry
    settings and describe them.
    When I will have a time, I can wrote such app.
    Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by

JohnR... Thanks for the clarification... (you learn something new everyday <smile&gthttp://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

RAMWolff ... I agree... these tweaks are rudimentary but very helpful. It would also be nice if a new install such as Xara X1 would copy those settings over to the new program during install.

John Clements... Could that summary be maintained on the XaraXone? Seems like an obvious spot for them.

Access... the man's good isn't he? (No wonder you're busy :-)
    --
    Phillip

Phillip,

Perhaps, but Gary P already contributes a huge amount of his time to help Xara users. I doubt he wants to or has time to maintain such a ref. list.

Thanks John. Just trying to maintain my sanity at the moment.

Gary