Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question SuperBladePro & 3d & No Outlines = Help!

Hi All You Guru-s (what is the Plural: Guri? ;-^) ) I am trying out Super Blade Pro - I did a simple shape in and have been trying to put into 3d to Animate without any success - I tried it as a jpeg, wmf and png...none worked. I kept getting the comment about "no outlines.

Is there some Secret to getting something that have been SuperBladed to work in 3d?

Thanks! Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

Default Re: SuperBladePro & 3d & No Outlines = Help!

Tom,

To import a shape into Xara3D it must be a vector shape. It would appear that you're trying to import bitmaps (wmf can contain bothe vector & bitmap shapes, but it decides which is which, not you)

I don't know about Super Blade Pro.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Just did a search for Super Blade Pro and see it's a plug-in. You can use the outcome via the following:

Import your original vector shapes.
    Now apply the Super Blade Pro results as a Text Texture.

To late to go further at present.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I don't see where you would be able to apply the plugin in XXP, and then paste the result into 3D. SBP works on bitmaps. Making a 3D shape and bringing it into XXP would allow the plugin to work, but it will apply the effect to whatever bitmap is there. The effect would be applied in general. You would lose the 3D effect.

Yu could make a rectangle and apply SBP to create a texture, and save to a bitmap. Then apply the texture as you would any other texture.

So, applying SBP in XXP and then using 3D isn't going to work.

Rich