Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgrade Versions to Painter X

This question is really directed at those of you who have previous experience of upgrading through the various versions of Painter.

Would you recommend choosing the Boxed Upgrade over the download version ?

Does it provide greater flexibility and more materials ?
    IP

Default Re: Upgrade Versions to Painter X

Usually the only difference is that you get a manual and CD with the boxed version.

Christine
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Tatterdemalion View Post
    This question is really directed at those of you who have previous experience of upgrading through the various versions of Painter.

Would you recommend choosing the Boxed Upgrade over the download version ?

Does it provide greater flexibility and more materials ?
    Hi,

Check this page to learn what is not included in the download version of Painter X (read the info below Download Version Information: Corel Painter X

Check this page and other Painter X website pages to learn more about what is included in the full, boxed version of Painter X:

Corel Painter X Product Highlights and New Features

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

I upgraded to IX and wonder why I did. Any size of oil brush above about 20 pixels and it develops a time lag which gets worse with brush size and as for bevel world, forget it. I'm running Widows XP on an AMD 2800 chip with a Gig of ram... I'd have thought that would give reasonable performance, so I take thair claim for X, as they claimed for IX about fast performance with a large pinch of salt! Actually, I can't see much in X to tempt me to part with over $200. Sorry if this sounds grumpy, but I used to use Painter 6 a lot, now I find I can't be bothered to wade through endless unnecessary brushes to find what I need.
    F
    IP

I have always been happy with the downloaded version, which suits my purposes.
    The manual would be useful I guess, and the extra brushes etc might be.

With several days experience I'd say that X certainly appears to be faster than IX5 on my machine [AMD/1.25GB], and the new bristle brushes are very good - not yet tried out the new composition tools.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I upgraded to IX and wonder why I did. Any size of oil brush above about 20 pixels and it develops a time lag which gets worse with brush size and as for bevel world, forget it. I'm running Widows XP on an AMD 2800 chip with a Gig of ram... I'd have thought that would give reasonable performance, so I take thair claim for X, as they claimed for IX about fast performance with a large pinch of salt! Actually, I can't see much in X to tempt me to part with over $200. Sorry if this sounds grumpy, but I used to use Painter 6 a lot, now I find I can't be bothered to wade through endless unnecessary brushes to find what I need.
    F
    I agree with you, I have 2gigs fast ram and a duo core 4600 cpu and I can make a cup of tea while bevel world does its stuff.
    IP