Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XPro CD

Default Re: XPro CD

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Not the British Postal System. Its a matter of pride that they can bend and break anything
    Nicely put

I didn't think that I had bought a manual because I thought Anthony posted at the launch that it would be the same as the main Xtreme one, but got one anyway so thanks for that. Looks good, but isn't the spine (like the shortcut card) printed upside down?

Quote Originally Posted by GOC View Post
    Don't throw away the box! Your serial number is on the box, not on the CD case as the installation program says.
    Thanks for that, I didn't notice that and almost lost it!
    Quote Originally Posted by GOC View Post
    And you don't have a CD case anyway!
    Crazy! I'll race you to lose the CDs!

Question Re: XPro CD

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    received mine pristine condition. Bob I installed it over current version no problem at all, sweet as a nut.Only pos4ed a question to retain current settings or default.
    Yes, is there an Option to 'Save' Current Setting or do we have to do something else (like copy a Setting File for Safe Keeping)? Thanks - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

Talking Re: XPro CD

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    We're sending them as we always do to the US, which is small packets airmail direct from the UK. We can probably safely assume that masque is in the UK though.

It was quite an interesting event getting all the manuals and boxes in.

2.2 tons of manuals were delivered, along with the boxes. The truck wouldn't come up our drive for some reason, and the drivers only spoke Bulgarian so we didn't know why. So Kate phoned the shipping company and there was an ongoing translatation via the shipping company person. It turns out they thought the trees were too low for the truck to go under. They eventually gave it a go, and managed to get up. Turning around in front of the house was a worrying site; I expected Gaddesden Place to need a new wing again! Thankfully all was fine, and we just had to carry boxes of manuals from the truck to the offices. Everyone who was in that day got involved, it was a real company effort. Even a couple of cars were drafted in to get all the manuals in.

Then everyone got involved in making the boxes and putting in the CDs etc, and it's strange walking around from office to office and everyone is doing the same thing. Xtreme Pro boxes everywhere. (Kind of reminding me of the Star Trek: TNG episode where everyone has gotten into a game, and Wesley is walking around wondering what's going on... too geeky of me?)

Then Miro was messaging me like an expectant father wanting to know if his child had been born yet.

So when it drops on your doorstep just think of all it's been through. The parts have come from Austria and Bulgaria, built up by all the members of staff, posted, then it travels the world some more before dropping on your doorstep.
    Does this mean you're not going to drop everything and rummage through your orders so you can get mine out first?
    Regards,

Alan
    The unexamined life is not worth living--Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    Yes, is there an Option to 'Save' Current Setting or do we have to do something else (like copy a Setting File for Safe Keeping)? Thanks - Tom
    I installed mine over the last download and when I'd registered it a started for the first time I simply chose to use current rather than default settings. All I had to do was re-instate my default page size and preferred units of measurment etc. Simple and pain free as I like it.
    Derek

Got mine today and installed it without problem.
    What I really wanted to say was how brilliant the manuals are - written in good plain English, nicely laid out and informative without being wordy.
    Good one AntonyF

Have been messing around with PDF import as it is so important to my work and I am finding it both predictable & reliable. In my current work for a book company i have been producing "custom shapes" in PS and symbols in AI to give flowing garlands which mutate into the background of book covers. Up until now my work does not want me to show these drawings on this site but since now it will ALL be produced with on XPro this may change, at least I hope so.

I would like to thank the team for producing this Import module which has given me an edge and the ability to work faster than I ever have done before which should mean more work for me.

Computer Arts also have the 30 day trial of XPro on its monthly disc stating "ramp up your work rate with this speedy drawing and illustration package"
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post

Computer Arts also have the 30 day trial of XPro on its monthly disc stating "ramp up your work rate with this speedy drawing and illustration package"
    That is good news, and now some more tutorials and the such in the mag
    would be nice, is there something special in the mag this month, because it is
    pretty expensive.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Those of us in the colonies are SOOOO jealous!

Can't wait to get my own CD and manual...sigh...
    ---
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Those of us in the colonies are SOOOO jealous!

Can't wait to get my own CD and manual...sigh...
    ---
    Will
    For goodness sake, Will, you shouldn't let those Limy chaps know that we're jealous. They'll think we're not real men! And that's downright un-American!

Shshshshshsh!
    Regards,

Alan
    The unexamined life is not worth living--Socrates

Thumbs up Re: XPro CD

Quote Originally Posted by alanstancliff View Post
    For goodness sake, Will, you shouldn't let those Limy chaps know that we're jealous. They'll think we're not real men! And that's downright un-American!

Shshshshshsh!
    Thanks for both Post Alan -Fun Reads! Tom
    Tom - Hwy101