Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: XPro CD

Default Re: XPro CD

Not the British Postal System. Its a matter of pride that they can bend and break anything, particularly if its marked delicate or do not bend; its like a red rag to a bull.

Miro/Charles:

Perhaps a "pre-folded" version of the box (as it comes from the printing presses) which is hand-signed by yourself AND Charles could be produced and then mailed in a flat, protected envelope.

it would be a nice souvenir/collectors item signifying the last box made from Xara UK (pre-Magix edition). I liked to have one to frame and hang on my wall here in my "computer room".

Proceeds could go to a worthy charity. With 1.2 million subscribers it could a source of a considerable contribution.
    Last edited by jclements; 02 February 2007 at 03:57 PM.

Don't throw away the box! Your serial number is on the box, not on the CD case as the installation program says. And you don't have a CD case anyway!

Otherwise all works well.
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

Quote Originally Posted by GOC View Post
    Don't throw away the box! Your serial number is on the box, not on the CD case as the installation program says. And you don't have a CD case anyway!

Oh man, that is why I always keep my serialnumbers in two little books
    because they stick those in the weirdest places, those serialnumbers.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Haven't gotten mine yet, but just wondering if you guys are installing it over the downloaded one or uninstalling that one first.
    -=Bob=-

Two CDs and two manuals all carefully packed in a crushed box.
    I think it got crushed 'cos postie couldn't wait for me to open the door and insisted upon forcing it through the letter-box.

I opened the door as, with a final burst of energised exertion he succeeeded.

"I made it!" he said - with such a look of triumph on his face I hadn't the heart to remonstrate with him.

Gotta admire his determination ...

"Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Haven't gotten mine yet, but just wondering if you guys are installing it over the downloaded one or uninstalling that one first.
    received mine pristine condition. Bob I installed it over current version no problem at all, sweet as a nut.Only pos4ed a question to retain current settings or default.

The crushing of the boxes is something we worried about. Switching to DVD packaging solved it, but with Pro we wanted to include the manual of course.

I normally do the product packaging and my choice was a box by Sony that was exactly to size, with no spare room inside, so there wouldn't have been much crush potential. But by going with boxes which have open ends and space inside it's likely to happen as soon as pressure is exerted on the sides.

That's no discredit to Miro's work, it's just I know the postal service can't be trusted.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

From other side, absolutly exact size of space in box for 2manuals and 2 CDs can delay pack up
    Its not problem when you have to packup one or five packages, but if you have to pack thousands?
    By my calculations free space inside have to be somewhere about 5mm....

But now I think that no way to prevent some damage of cardboard box using postal system. They are dabsters
    Cardboard package is designed to stay on shelf, she's strong and hard, but not inaf to resist on Posts careless

For me is a big disappointment to find out that this my try didnt have big success in contest with posts...
    Now I can just be hopeful, that no all postal systems are dabsters
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Quote Originally Posted by GOC View Post

If you register your product on Xara.com you will have always your installation and serial number on safe place
    And you can always download again and again from there....
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com