Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: XPro CD

Default XPro CD

Just for reference my CD(s) arrived this morning at the crack of 7.32am.
    Derek

Default Re: XPro CD

Are they going to send them via US mail in the United States or by a private carrier?
    Regards,

Alan
    The unexamined life is not worth living--Socrates

We're sending them as we always do to the US, which is small packets airmail direct from the UK. We can probably safely assume that masque is in the UK though.

It was quite an interesting event getting all the manuals and boxes in.

2.2 tons of manuals were delivered, along with the boxes. The truck wouldn't come up our drive for some reason, and the drivers only spoke Bulgarian so we didn't know why. So Kate phoned the shipping company and there was an ongoing translatation via the shipping company person. It turns out they thought the trees were too low for the truck to go under. They eventually gave it a go, and managed to get up. Turning around in front of the house was a worrying site; I expected Gaddesden Place to need a new wing again! Thankfully all was fine, and we just had to carry boxes of manuals from the truck to the offices. Everyone who was in that day got involved, it was a real company effort. Even a couple of cars were drafted in to get all the manuals in.

Then everyone got involved in making the boxes and putting in the CDs etc, and it's strange walking around from office to office and everyone is doing the same thing. Xtreme Pro boxes everywhere. (Kind of reminding me of the Star Trek: TNG episode where everyone has gotten into a game, and Wesley is walking around wondering what's going on... too geeky of me?)

Then Miro was messaging me like an expectant father wanting to know if his child had been born yet.

So when it drops on your doorstep just think of all it's been through. The parts have come from Austria and Bulgaria, built up by all the members of staff, posted, then it travels the world some more before dropping on your doorstep.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Mine arrived first post this am, the postman looked relieved to get rid of it. a weighty parcel (no pun intended)

Postman had the cheek to knock my door before 7.30 on the 2nd Feb so I am away to play.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    We're sending them as we always do to the US, which is small packets airmail direct from the UK. We can probably safely assume that masque is in the UK though.

So when it drops on your doorstep just think of all it's been through. The parts have come from Austria and Bulgaria, built up by all the members of staff, posted, then it travels the world some more before dropping on your doorstep.
    If you believe in carbon footprints and global warming etc. it would be interesting to work out the hoof print for Xara as regards this project to get a 4" plastic disc to our respective letterboxes.
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 02 February 2007 at 09:09 AM.

Talking Re: XPro CD

My parcel arrived at 11:00 (Northumberland, UK).

Many thanks to the Xara crew, not only for the great software but also for the shipping teamwork.

Can someone who already got the CD to make one shot and show us
    PLS
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Slightly bent box, CD's Manual and Manual Supplement (pro stuff).
    Actually I got two supplement manuals in my box I don't know if that was a mistake, or if it was in there for padding or if I didn't get something else in error.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box and stuff.jpg 
Views:	748 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	34679  

I think that this is by mistake.....

maybe steel box have a bit more chance to survive travel by posts.... damn it
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com