Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Navigation Bar

my website is www.district31alions.com
    some users complain that they cannot see the navigation bar on the left frame. It is done with xara 3. any suggestions?

my website is www.district31alions.com
    some users complain that they cannot see the navigation bar on the left frame. It is done with xara 3. any suggestions?

i can see it i am using firefox and used internet explorer. if you are using frames some older browsers dont support frames. you also might want to move this to the appropriate forum also. this one is for xara x1 galleries.

also welcome to talkgraphics!
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Hi Knightlight ... welcome to TalkGraphics.

I can see the navigation bar just fine. Using Explorer 6.0

Hi Knightlight,

Welcome to Talkgraphics, Good question, Wrong place... But seriously. Works in IE 6.0 & firefox but not netscape 4.7. The bar is visible, but the rollouts do not work.

Knightlight, welcome
    Yes, I reiterate that this post is in the wrong forum. However as it's here now, I also note that the roll over extended menus don't display correctly. See screen grab below.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	351 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	15620  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Knightlight, I viewed your site in my Mozilla Firefox browser, and it appeared to be working just fine. The users who said they could not view the navigation bar were probably using Netscape. The percentage of Internet surfers who use Netscape has declined dramatically in the past few years, and the company appears to be uninterested in significant new development of their product. (That's one of the reasons I switched to the Firefox browser.)

I think you could benefit from the use of XaraX1 by redoing the map on the site. Import the map as a bitmap layer into XaraX1. Trace the outline of the map in another layer above the bitmap. Type in the town names. Then export to a GIF file the same size as the map you're using. You'll see a significant improvement in the clarity of the image.

Bob