Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation XPro 3.0.3.781 BUG? - display in Pro's Task Bar is blank

This only occurs with my XPro installation, not with Xtreme.

The taskbar should display information about objects currently selected. Nothing is displayed in mine.

I did do a test by opening the Control Bars dialog. When I click on the reset button then info about the selection would display but only TEMORARILY and disappear when the dialog is closed.

Default Re: XPro 3.0.3.781 BUG? - display in Pro's Task Bar is blank

My taskbar shows the name of the program and the name of the current file.
    "Xara Xtreme Pro - [Valentine.xar]"

If there is any other information to be shown, I don't see it either.
    ---
    Will

Yes.

You can verify if you also have X, X1, or Xtreme installed. Look to the left of the status line (at the far left margin of the window).

It gives you info on about your selection. For instance: the type of object if a single object selection (rectangle, ellipse, text, etc), how many objects if a multiple object selection, what layer that selection is on, the dpi of a selected bitmap (WHICH I OFTEN USE when creating a bitmap copy), etc.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selection feedback in Xara taskbar.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	34653  
    Last edited by jclements; 01 February 2007 at 04:28 PM.

I have seen this in both XX and XXP. It happens to me after I have used the program for awhile extensively. Sometimes when it happens, the status bar will refresh if I move the mouse around, but not very often. Once it stops updating itself, it usually requires a restart of XX or XXP to see the status bar again.

Unfortunately, restarting doesn't do the trick. And I don't want to reinstall.

But thanks for your feedback.

I am wondering if there is a registry tweek. Anyone from Xara that can lend hand here?
    Last edited by jclements; 01 February 2007 at 09:26 PM.

I have Xtreme Pro 3.0.2.781 DL and I have the same behavior. Selected objects are not shown on the Status Line:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bitmapselect.gif 
Views:	231 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	34713

At first I thought this only happened with bitmaps, but it happens with bitmaps and vector objects as well. Moving the mouse a bit will finally display the selected object on the Status Line.

I have reported this to Xara, and one of their developers and tech support said this:

"I think this is a well known bug and I believe has existed for some time (in all versions). Happens sometimes and sometimes not. I don't think it's ever been tracked down.

"I cannot envision this problem being caused by a software conflict. I'd like to leave this ticket on hold. If after installing the next update (whether it be a DL or a CD) the problem is continuing then I will look further into your setup to try and determine the cause. The bug has been logged."

For the record, I've never had this happen in Xara X1 or Xara Xtreme. So maybe the next update will fix this.

Hope this helps.

- Steve

Unhappy Re: XPro 3.0.3.781 BUG? - display in Pro's Task Bar is blank

I have the same problem but also my normal top bar of File, Edit. Arrange etc is also missing.
    It pops up when the cursor gets to the top of the screen but I would like to see it "permanently" back.
    Also having edited the registry for XX to get rid of the docking menus, I now have that irritation back.
    Does anyone have fixes for these? Please!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MissingBar.gif 
Views:	194 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	34724  

Quote Originally Posted by Grafix Smelter View Post
    File, Edit. Arrange etc is also missing.
    Press 8 on your numeric keypad to toggle the full screen on and off

When I first purchased Pro I had the same problem. The status line was blank. Didn't know why. But then I read about the new version on the download page (V 3.0.2.781 - Jan. 17). So I downloaded that one. But before I ran the install, I shut off my anti-virus, firewall and any spyware software that was running. I installed the new downloaded software and started all my security software back up. Started XXPro and the status line was working OK and has been since. Not sure if the security software did something to me the first time, but maybe that has something to do with it. Will see what happens when I get the CD and re-install again.

Joe

Joe!

I turned off all my network (cable and wireless) connections, and turned other apps running in the background including McAffee On-Access scan.

Then I uninstalled and reinstalled XPro version 3.0.2.781 DL, Jan 17 2007.

Now Xtreme and XtremePro displays the selection info in Xara's taskbar.

Thank you, John

P.S. my problem with displaying the tickmarks and numerals on the rulerbar were not resolved, however.
    Last edited by jclements; 03 February 2007 at 09:16 PM.