Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Export logo to MS word

I can't seem to export a logo to MS Word without losing the sharpness I have in Xara. Can someone please enlighten me how this is best done?

Which is the best format to use? I did create the logo in 100% view and no edges. When it appears in word (insert picture from file) it appears fuzzy and a bit smaller.

I am creating a letter head. I will print this document, create a pdf and also send it as an email attachment.

I have attached the logo.

Thanks in advance!

Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Export logo to MS word

When you export to jpeg, for example, Xtreme Pro uses 96 dpi as a default resolution. This is ideal for use on the internet and viewing on-screen. For print, however, you can change the resolution to 300 dpi and get a very sharp print image.

Hope this helps.
    ---
    Will

Very often people want scalable logos in Word for their company letterhead and prefere a .wmf.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Sally, you are right, as usual...

The WMF format is very good for exporting scalable vector graphics. I use them always when my image is pure vector. For those with bitmap content, however, I generally use JPEG. Do you think I might be better off using WMF for those with bitmap content as well?
    ---
    Will

I would export the image as a 300dpi TIFF file.

I was going to suggest Xara *.EPS but I just tired this and it does not look as good as the TIFF (he said diplomatically)

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    For those with bitmap content, however, I generally use JPEG. Do you think I might be better off using WMF for those with bitmap content as well?
    No. In my experience, wmf can be useful for vectors, but it doesn't do well with bitmaps. It's an old, old format.

Thanks, all...

I will give the 300 dpi TIF a try. Don't know why I hadn't thought of that myself...

And thinking of WMF as an "old, old format" makes me feel old indeed. Seems like only yesterday that it was brand new! Of course, I also remember when GIF was brand new, also, and it was still considered a proprietary format!

Sigh...
    ---
    Will

EMF is newer but my copy of Word does not support it.

PNG works nicely too and supports transparency should you have a colored background.

Gary

In my experience the PNG file format gives a nice result when exported into word.

/ Roland Aalto

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    EMF is newer but my copy of Word does not support it.
    After trying EMFs off and on for years, I recall finding an app that actually imported them successfully. Might have been KoolMoves. Whatever it was, it's not an app I use regularly. (obviously)