Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: Xara acquired by MAGIX

Yes, I'm afraid I have to agree with those who are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

My guess is that it will be unlikely for Xara to continue as it is, as a high quality, low cost vector drawing programme. I have seen many many of these buyouts from inside and out and only very rarely do they benefit the consumer/end-user. The usual winners are the shareholders/managers of the purchasing company.

It will be nice to be wrong!

I am a long time user of Xaraonline and noticed a recent decline in the service.

I have come across too much information on the site that is not up-to-date or incomplete.
    I recently attempted to use their telephone support service. They never phoned back. I then tried using their email support. I received a reply stating : 'I'm afraid this email address is no longer maintained,' telling me to use the Xara support instead. I would have thought that it would have been quite simple and professional to update the site with such changes in service.

These problems do seem to indicate a scaling down in costs in the Xaraonline department. I just hope that they don't go too far or a lot of business such as my clients will not be too happy.

I´m relatively new here, but I´ve also noticed some glitches in the main Xara website. However, that could be for any number of reasons.

One thing that seems apparent: after nearly a year (just read this entire thread), XXP seems to be developing and has not become the bloated nightmare many feared. It´s still probably the best program out there.