Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Default Re: Xara acquired by MAGIX

I hope that the increased funding and market distribution will further increase Xara's development. It's without doubt one of my favorite programs of all time.

Well i think this is EXCELLENT news Charles! Congratulations to the entire Xara Ltd team! You folks have earned this good fortune.

I'm looking forward eagerly to the new and exciting developments Xara will have on their horizon.

This is indeed a good day to celebrate! )=) http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Does this mean the price of Xara Pro will go through the roof now that you mentioned it will be a high end application?

And maybe some discounts for loyal Xara customers who purchase Magix video and/or music software?

Jiva, I just visited your website. Great!

Love your music. If you have a CD available, I'd order it right now! Especially if it has the song "Different Dreams" on it.

We sometimes forget that artists in one medium are often artists in another. Your graphics are first rate, and your music is awesome.
    ---
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by jiva View Post
    And maybe some discounts for loyal Xara customers who purchase Magix video and/or music software?
    Like Wolfmoon, I enjoyed your music too. The style brings back memories of the folk scene in the 1960s.

I do music too.
    Regards,

Alan
    The unexamined life is not worth living--Socrates

Will / Alan

Thank you for your kind comments - I guess much more music chat and we might be guilty of scope-creep from the main thread topic.

Just wanted to say:

Will - we do have some very old recordings that we transferred to CD (but we've improved since then )... we can PM you if/when we make some better ones if that's OK? We'd be happy to give you a copy.

Alan - I'd love to be able to play classical guitar like that... In fact, I'd love to be able to play classical at all!

Our graphics are as yet very basic, but if/when early retirement comes along there'll be more time to wade through the masses of brilliant tutorials, and hints & tips from this great forum! Let's hope that the Magix move won't jeopardise this great resource.

Jimmy and Val...

I tried to send you a PM, but couldn't, so I'm taking the risk of being a little off topic.

When you have a CD available, I'd cheerfully buy it. And your graphics on your site are very clean and crisp...I'm not crazy about really cluttered sites.

The people here on TG are some of the finest people I have had the pleasure of corresponding with, and I think you fit right in! Every problem I've had trying to create an image has been answered by someone in this forum.

I have real hope that being acquired by Magix will add to, rather than diminish, the future of Xara. I use several of the Magix products already, for digital movies, and really like them.
    ---
    Will

Thumbs up Re: Xara acquired by MAGIX

Congratulations Charles
    I'm delighted to see another opportunity for Xara to reach the penetration onto desktops it has always deserved, I have used Xara since its XaraStudio incarnation and use it for print and web graphics on a daily basis, Nothing comes close in its speed, ease of use and stunning rendering.
    I was a major supplier of Corel products for many years going back to Corel 2 in a runtime version of Windows, when at a very small Windows show at Olympia London I first met Charles and sat through the booth demonstration three times not believing what I was seeing, Xara was rendering a CorelDRAW file called snowbarn (supplied as a sample for many versions) in a 10th of the time corel could. I even waited until the end of one show so I could check the monitor was indeed connected to a very modest PC not some amazing graphics workstation.
    I phoned Corel and told them what I saw and within a very short time Corel flew over to a show to take a look for themselves, I thought the Corel Deal when I saw it was brilliant news I imagined corel's great interfaces of old with the speed and output quality of xara would be a marrage made in heaven, later when it emerged that Corel were distributing only - well in those days corel marketing was very good - and the corel community was vast.
    Well we all saw what happened and to my eyes it looked like Corel only tried to bury it. and so I breath a sigh of relief every time xara has moved forward since, it means we can continue to enjoy development of this truly remarkable tool.
    Xtreme Pro needs resources investment development and should never sacrifice all that it has built for an endless churning out of new versions that are disguised bug fixes, My wish list would be a closer integration with xara 3d so that we start seeing apps like xara 3d as just a clever plugin, autosaves backups...
    I hope that Xara Xtreme is now significantly reduced in price and offered as printer bundles or unrestricted 90 day demos as a way to drive significant numbers of new users to Xara Xtreme PRO.
    Only then will I rest at night knowing my favourite graphics package will be there for me.
    Martyn Butler - Horizon Laser Graphics

Like others I hope this turns out to be a good thing. However I remember using samplitude years ago and my experience with that was not good and it was very expensive as well. At the time it was about the only thing of its kind available. I don't know if they ever improved it since eventually we replaced it with a much better, more stable, far less expensive product called Multiquence which I still use today. Sort of like going from Illustrator or coreldraw to Xara.

Xara is the best vector drawing program I've ever used. It's one of the very few I keep updated. Hate to say it but my "warning bells" are going off with this magix change...