Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using a Wacom Tablet with Corel Draw

Is there some type of configuration I have to do to be able to use my Wacom Tablet with Corel Draw X3? I can use it, but it seems that when I try drawing with it, it sort of skipps. I try to draw a line and I get parts of the line missing. I have tried it with Xara Xtreme is it works great. Any advice willl help. Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Using a Wacom Tablet with Corel Draw

I also have X3 and a Wacom tablet, it works in either pen or mouse mode, no problem. Prefer Xara in mouse mode myself.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Yeah, I may have to just use Xara when drawing with my Wacom Tablet. It works better that way. Thanks. for the advice.
    IP

The vector tools work differently, Xara's are more modern, more intuitive. There are things I do use draw for and then import them into Xara because they are easier: envelopes for example are really easy to use in DRAW and the new trace feature is very good. Rotate and duplicate and the transform docker have no working equivalents in Xara. These are very useful to workflow, and do hope that Xara will encorportate them. Extrude can be done in DRAW but you can extrude with a blend if you know how to do it in Xara.

Text handling is different in draw to other applications, Xara has given the Adobe approach. But if you are manipulating text to do special effects, being able to do it for each node on character spacing is rather handy. Often make larger point size caps on script text for wedding invitations and then spacing gets messed up, instead of setting each line of text separately, I can correct the spacing with this function and it is quick, a no-brainer. There are more paragraph text options still in DRAW but Xara has made a great leap forward with this edition of Xtreme PRO, have great hopes for what it will do in the future. Definitely a user friendly piece of software that offers a significant challenge to Illustrator in the work environment.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP