Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Help, can't register the blooming thing

Xara xs

I've tried other programmes and couldn't get on with them, far too confusing. and after the recommendations on vnunet.com, that this was the most user friendly out of the bunch, and combined with it being a full free programme, with options to upgrade, i decided to give it ago.

Well i downloaded and installed it with no problems, but when i open it, i get a nice little pop up with the options to register, upgrade, run the programme and show the demos.

The only button that works is the demo one.

I,ve tried uninstalling, cleaning the register to remove traces then re-installing, and also redownloading the programme and doing a fresh install. But nothing is working.

Ive checked the website support out but theres nothing at all about help with this, apart from saying to check the CD, which dosent help me.

i'd like to have a crack at this before committing myself to buying it, and wondered if anyone can help me out,

Thanks
    Escape

Default Re: Help, can't register the blooming thing

Quote Originally Posted by Escape1sm View Post
    Xara xs

I've tried other programmes and couldn't get on with them, far too confusing. and after the recommendations on vnunet.com, that this was the most user friendly out of the bunch, and combined with it being a full free programme, with options to upgrade, i decided to give it ago.

Well i downloaded and installed it with no problems, but when i open it, i get a nice little pop up with the options to register, upgrade, run the programme and show the demos.

The only button that works is the demo one.

I,ve tried uninstalling, cleaning the register to remove traces then re-installing, and also redownloading the programme and doing a fresh install. But nothing is working.

Ive checked the website support out but theres nothing at all about help with this, apart from saying to check the CD, which dosent help me.

i'd like to have a crack at this before committing myself to buying it, and wondered if anyone can help me out,

Thanks
    Escape
    You don't register the demo. After you buy the program Xara sends you an email with a link for the download of the full version. Then you install and register that one until the cd arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    You don't register the demo. After you buy the program Xara sends you an email with a link for the download of the full version. Then you install and register that one until the cd arrives.
    This is a full commercial programme that is available to download from vnunet.com (which happens to be free) - Xara xs - it isnt a demo programme, the demo im talking about is a demo slideshow that you can view which is amongst the options on the pop up window. None of the other options work.

Xara xs is the baby sister of Xtreme if you will, it just dosent have all the features of Xtreme.
    Last edited by Escape1sm; 16 January 2007 at 06:30 AM. Reason: missed out some information

Can't help you I'm afraid, this is the first time I've heard od Xara XS. Perhaps one of the Xara employees who sometimes wander by can give you a clue. Have you got back to vnunet about the problem?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm not sure you can register Xara XS, it is a version available as a magazine CD. If memory serves me it was only in the UK the cover CD was available.

Perhaps Antony can provide more information. I'll PM him about this thread.
    Last edited by Soquili; 16 January 2007 at 01:33 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Egg

It has been mentioned recently... it is a cut-down version of Xtreme. In the UK it was in PCW in Feb 2006 - called Xara Xs2.

The install page says "Obtain your serial code by clicking 'Register this Copy' within the splash screen, when you start Xara XS " - one for Xara Admin I guess!
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Bill, it can be downloaded from vnunet.com.. I've just looked at their site and it say's
    Note, ignore the 'time limited demo' reference on this page. Obtain your serial code by clicking 'Register this Copy' within the splash screen, when you start Xara XS.

This download and upgrade promotional offer will be taken offline and made unavailble on the 4th of January 2007.
    It's still downloadable but perhaps because it's after the 4th January deadline it no longer allows you to register for free, so this option is greyed out.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 16 January 2007 at 01:43 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, I wasn't aware it had been made available as a download.

Reading the article that accompanies the download it states it will be taken off the site on January 4th, 2007. Appears their calendar is a bit behind the time
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I was editing my post above at the same time you were posting. SNAP!
    Egg

Escape1sm, as noted above their offer seems to have ended. Xara XS is only released to select publishers for specific amounts of time due to licensing reasons. But please read my private message, that I'm just about to send to you, and we'll see if we can get you going with Xara XS.

Antony
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.