Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Work in progress

I've been asked to create a personal website, so here's what I've came up with so far. Took me about 3 days to create. The longest part was the gallery.
    Thanks for the loadMovie tip Egg

Check it out, I need opinions. (I know the second button from the right does not work).

To the right side there are going to be a scrolling news ticker and maybe a small gallery.

The intention of the website is to be a personal webpage.

Availor.

EDIT: The gallery is second from the left
    Last edited by Availor; 26 January 2007 at 02:02 PM.

Default Re: Work in progress

This link may work better
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Hi Availar,
    They web page isn't in English! Got something againts illiterate old men?
    I like the overall deisgn tho'. Good job the Designed by has no name when I view it (only part I could read)
    Jim

Hi Availor

The pictures in the gallery (on the left when they load) I think need to be centered in that panel, I know most of the pictures are the same size but when you go to view the watch it seems out of sync with the rest, centering them all would solve that and maybe move them up a little so that the strips in the background aren’t showing, maybe even give them a plain border.

But other than that little grip I think it is a good piece of work.

All the best

Manny2k

Intbel, thanks for the link correction

Scotty: The website is in Hebrew, and the opinion is if you are comfortable viewing the site eventhough you have no clue what's written there.
    I wanted your opinion regarding how easy it is to navigate, the colors etc...

manny2k: I didn't quite get your idea about centering the images, mayb you could illustrate that somehow? On the right are the thumbnails and on the left is the big picture, I have no clue on how to center them.

I'm glad you liked the design BTW It took me some efforts to make it firefox, ie6 and ie7 compatible. In the work process I found out that those three browsers behave so differently that it can just drive you nuts!

like this sort of thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ava1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	34504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ava2.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	34505  

ah that, well that requires a bit more coding (setting the properties), and since those images are just as an example the original gallery is going to be cropped at the exact size of the container, so that all the pictures will be placed in the middle.

Hi Availar,
    this is Scotty I hope you weren't offended by my last post I wasn't being nasty just my sense of humour.
    I did like the design tho' and I just came back and the third menu item when you go thre the Left side has broken links for 'Images' I believe. I would be more specific but it is all Hebrew to me (joke).
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi Availar,
    this is Scotty I hope you weren't offended by my last post I wasn't being nasty just my sense of humour.
    I did like the design tho' and I just came back and the third menu item when you go thre the Left side has broken links for 'Images' I believe. I would be more specific but it is all Hebrew to me (joke).
    Jim
    Scott, no why should I be offended? And the broken link is maybe because I have been adding more content to the site, so I've delete and reuploaded some files. I've added a small gallery and a scrolling menu to the index page.
    The link (videoxone) is just meant to be as a test, I'm just trying to see if everything works properly the way I planned, if it loads fast, whether the site responds and there are no broken links (I know there are some only because I haven't finished building it).

Great website Availor. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what web design program did you use? Again great website.