Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Work in progress

I use DreamWeaver for the website, and Flash for the gallery. And of course, Xara for the graphics, photo editing and such. Only one thing: I had to use photoshop because of Xara bug when exporting images, so to make the background seamless I couldn't use Xara. In web development I find Xara very irritating when it comes to seamless texture and small features.

Thanks for the info, I am building a website myself and didn't really know where to start. People advise me to start with just using CSS and HTML code, which I wouldn't mind but I think it will take me forever. I am going to go purchase Dreamweaver today, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGreen View Post
    Thanks for the info, I am building a website myself and didn't really know where to start. People advise me to start with just using CSS and HTML code, which I wouldn't mind but I think it will take me forever. I am going to go purchase Dreamweaver today, thanks.
    I used plain CSS and HTML, I never used any of the DreamWeaver automatic functions, if that what you ask: It took me 3 days exactly to learn intermediate level CSS. The rest is up to your experience while you work.

I prefer using the "hand coding" instead of inserting something ready made.

From many HTML editing programs I've checked, DreamWeaver has the most accurate view while working on what I will be getting (you will be amazed how your work might look differently from what you see once you deploy it to your server).
    It's all a matter of experience, trial and error.