Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I use Front Page (currently FP 2000) to administer many of my smaller sites.

I've used Webstyle to create logos, graphics and menus before... and ported them into whatever site I was working on, with just a bit of tweaking to the code.

Recently I installed Webstyle 4 and decided to develop my most recent project using WS4 and Front Page 2000... but I must be missing something basic.

It seems that no matter what project I select when I launch WS4, the generated graphics may or may not get updated where I think they should be created... most of the time, even though I'm saving my web pages to a different folder, the graphics still go to My Web Graphics.

When I go to publish the pages, I wind up using the FP Import to get them to the server, then spend an inordinate amount of time modifying the HTML to point to the graphics and .js scripts where they really are instead of ../../../My Web Graphics or ../../../My Web Pages.

Is there a way of telling WS4 where my project is, where the graphics should go, etc. so that when I publish the paths remain consistent with my actual structure?

I publish my web pages to a FreeBSD UNIX server.

I've discovered that I CAN'T work on *live* pages directly with the FP interface and so therefore MUST work on them locally if I want to use WS4 inside FP. Is there any way around this?

When you save the java or any of the menu graphics etc. you need to save them into the web itself that you're working on. The right and left save boxes, graphics etc. have to point to the local address of the index of the web you are working on.

On the save page just browse all windows to the local address to save them.

There must still be something basic that I'm missing..

I started a whole new project... with a whole new name and painstakingly saved every freaking component to a new home folder for the project.

Then I saved a web-page... also making sure to save it into the same home folder.

However, the html for the menu still referrs to the "My Web Graphics" folder, so I still have to edit the .htm file and change where many of the components are actually located.

If Webstyle4 is actually supposed to work in such a way as to allow me to work in Front Page and work on web pages, I have yet to figure out what the expected work flow is to accomplish that.

So any help you could give me on where to start an FP project... and if it should be started with Front Page or started with WebStyle... How I can be sure that when I create a page within Webstyle that the components will be published to the correct folders on the live server... THAT would make all of the difference in the world.

There's a possibility that someone with no experience building websites might have more success with this than I am having because I know too much and expect things to work a different way.

I suspect that I'm just making a lot of work for myself because its not clear how the developer envisioned using Webstyle with FrontPage.