Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have been running XaraX on Xandros in Win4Lin and have upgraded but cannot get the download version to install because it needs XML4 & GDI+. Am I right in thinking that this is something peculiar to the download version and that I will not have the problem when I install using the CD?

regards
    Lynette

I have been running XaraX on Xandros in Win4Lin and have upgraded but cannot get the download version to install because it needs XML4 & GDI+. Am I right in thinking that this is something peculiar to the download version and that I will not have the problem when I install using the CD?

regards
    Lynette

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Lynette,

I think it's because GDI+ and XML4 are not yet implemented into Xandros/Win4Lin. I'll check that one the next days. Usually the download of these components will start automatically in Windows, but it seems the Xara X1 installer can't pass this command to the Linux shell, or the Linux shell doesn't 'understand' this trigger.

Doesn't seem to be a simple solution. Sorry if I can't give you any hope here.

Maybe you contact Xandros for some help? They know their system in and out.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Thank you for replying. I'll check out the Xandros forum now.

regards
    Lynette

For the record, Xara X¹ requires Microsoft XMLv4 and GDI+ to run.

You could try installing XML4 separately on your Win4Lin platform... I have no idea if this will succeed.

At the moment, the download installer will fail if it cannot download GDI+ on OSes other than Windows XP. GDI+ is "just" a DLL...

The CD installer has these components on the disk, so it does not need to perform any download, but these components are still needed by the software.

hth,
    AlexL

Hi Alex,

Once I got the newest MSXML 4 downloaded and installed I looked in the Windows/System 32 folder and found it (along with MSXML, MSXML 2 and MSXML 3 and all it seems to be is a .dll as well as the GDI+. So what I'm asking is are there other areas where more files are living or are the XML's all .dll's?? If they are just .dll's then I would think that WINE based apps would be able to read these files just fine.

If not then all the extra excitment about Xara X1 falling back on the Ariel.ttf font under WINE since it can't read a .fon font file is kind of a moot point, eh?? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---