Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WebStyle 4 has to be one of the most frustrating products I've ever used. I get to a point where I think I've worked around all the crashes and inconsistent results, only to have more problems. My most recent problem is that I created my main (index.html) page using the Elements Theme and I am basically happy with it. So, I open up the Project folder for the site, click on the main theme element, and Webstyle crashes. I reboot, and it still crashes. I would like to use a single Project folder for all of the pages in my web site. Maybe that is why I am having a problem as I've read in other threads that some people have setup separate Projects for each page on their web site. I really want to quit wasting time with this product and find some way to get some good use out of it. Can anyone from Xara please either fix the numerous problems with the product, or at least recommend workarounds? The main problems I've seen are the multiple crashes and the apparent unsuitability of the product for creating and maintaining complex web sites.

Hi hocrof,

You including myself and a 100 others are feed up with the way WS4 performs and crashes and doesn't adjust itself properly for 800x600 resolution, the list goes on and on.
    Here's my suggestion ans solution .... stop using the themes and start using ONLy the goos tuff with WS4 eg. banners, logos, 3d text and all the rest, if you use themes you will have problems. Example, I've created a site without the WS4 themes but I used WS4 to create a navigation bar on my site and it works fine without problem (suggestion on doing this - also copy and paste the code for what-ever you created to a word document and if you change the nav bar copy and paste it again)

Good luck

Chickenman,

I think you are right -- it seems that my problems with WS4 occur when I try to use the themes. I will try your suggestion of working directly with the headings, etc.

Has anybody tried disconnecting the web templates from WebStyle. I'd like to use them in a Dreamweaver MX 2004 template but reading all these experiences has really got me alarmed. Even worse, my user really liked the home page I designed using this product. So now I appear to be stuck.