Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xtreme sets a thin line around my banner...

The solution is setting the page colour in Xtreme to the same colour as the banner. Just ctrl-drag the colour to the page.

If your banner is to be placed over a different background colour, set Xtreme's page colour to that background colour, and it'll anti-aliase towards that colour.
    Last edited by itsfransie; 11 January 2007 at 10:24 AM.

As mentioned earlier, the problem is associated with Xara antialising the edge of the selected objects you are exporting. It is likely your blue rectangle is on a white background in Xara and when you export it, you are seeing Xara's attempt to antialias the rectangle against a white background.

If you click on the Bitmap Size tab on the export window, can you make sure the Minimise Visible Antialiasing option is selected. If you want to preview the change, you need to click on the Preview button and zoom in again to observe the effect.

A second trick is to put your object to be exported on a background the same colour as the rectangle and just select and export the desired object. This is of more significance if you are exporting GIFs with transparent backgrounds in which case make sure the background colour is the same as the one you will have it against on the website.

I hope that works for you!
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    Hi Michael and xtremeone,

The answer is very simple - you've drawn your banner on a white background and so Xtreme anti-aliases the edge to white to make it smooth. (This is not so much use for a rectangular banner but comes into it's own when the outline shape is more complex.)

If you know your banner is going to appear on a certain colour on the web page then you should draw a rectangle of that colour behind your banner before you export the banner bitmap. A good way to do this is to draw the background rectangle on a layer behind the banner layer and mark that layer as "locked" so you don't accidentally select it when you export the banner.

PhilM

Hi Phil,

thanks this worked for me and it seems to be a perfect solution!

Thanks everybody for your time!

Best regards
    Michael

One more tip. The background rectangle dosen't need a stroke (line width) set this to non. Now select the rectangle and make sure it's whole pixels W x H. In this manner with a rectangle there's no need for antialiasing as everything is exact whole pixels. Try it ~ export it from a white background, there's no antialiased edge. This is very handy if your'e working on a non uniform coloured background.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 11 January 2007 at 12:09 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host