Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wacom Woes

Default Wacom Woes

I've got a Wacom Graphire, and seem to have a problem with the pen. I have the larger button set to click, and the other set to popup. Pen is set to mouse mode. My problem is that it seems it automatically jumps into click mode at times even when my fingers are not touching the buttons. I think over time I could get used to and even learn to like the pen, but not when it keeps acting up like this. Has anyone seen this and is there a setting I have wrong?

Thanks
    Gary

Default Re: Wacom Woes

Quote Originally Posted by learned View Post
    I've got a Wacom Graphire, and seem to have a problem with the pen. I have the larger button set to click, and the other set to popup. Pen is set to mouse mode. My problem is that it seems it automatically jumps into click mode at times even when my fingers are not touching the buttons. I think over time I could get used to and even learn to like the pen, but not when it keeps acting up like this. Has anyone seen this and is there a setting I have wrong?

Thanks
    Gary
    Graphire 4? That's what I'm using. Have you tried going into the Control Panel, open the Pen Tablet applet. It sounds like you changed some settings. Click on the default button, that should turn off the click sound and tracking should be in pen mode if you are mostly using the pen. By default, the large pen button should be set to Right Click and the small pen button should be set to Double Click.

Now go through the tabs at the top of the Pen Tablet dialog and click default in each one. This will give you the standard setup that should work. Once you get it working you can customize any settings you want, then reset to default if you screw up

Also, if you are using the pen, don't leave the mouse near the tablet as that might be causing some interferance and confusing the tablet.

Finally, spend some time going over the manual, it can only help.

Hope that helps

Cheers

No, that's not it. I'm not getting click sounds, and I understand the control panel settings. I specifically changed them as discussed above, but even if I reset everything to default, my pen will go into what I can only describe as click and hold on a mouse, and start drawing.

I have the latest drivers, and if no one else is seeing this, I'm thinking defective device.

Quote Originally Posted by learned View Post
    No, that's not it. I'm not getting click sounds, and I understand the control panel settings. I specifically changed them as discussed above, but even if I reset everything to default, my pen will go into what I can only describe as click and hold on a mouse, and start drawing.

I have the latest drivers, and if no one else is seeing this, I'm thinking defective device.

Hmm...as a last resort, have you tried uninstalling, reboot and reinstalling?

(Just to make sure that something didn't get corrupted.

Just got off the phone with Wacom, and it is a bad pen. New pen on the way. Just wanted to let people know in case someone else has this issue.

Ed