Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: In Praise of Pro

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    It may be happening to visitors that use large fonts on their system? Just a guess.
    Or if Colin used smaller than normal fonts, or a combination of both factors?

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    The first of the problems I mentioned is still there in FF. In IE, your text boxes do additional terrible things (like write over each other). They really need fixed in order for visitors to take you seriously. Here's a shot: (Also note that some of the text is writing itself underneath the graphics.)
    Hi David,

From the screenshot, it appears that your FireFox is expanding the text to a larger size than designed. If you press CTRL- in FireFox, then this will reduce the text size, and pressing CTRL0 will set it back to default.

I can make my screen look the same jumble of text by pressing CTRL+ a few times to raise the text size.

I used NetObjects Fusion 8 to actually create the HTML code, and one of the options is to use px as a text size, rather than the more normal "Browser Proportional" size, and it seemed to give a better look and feel to the text. I used Verdana 12px for the normal text size. However, I admit to not fully understanding the difference.

Does the text on other sites appear larger in your FireFox?

Colin, welcome to TG. Your site looks great from my end, extremely well done. Pat yourself on the back.
    And yes, Xara Xtreme Pro is outstanding!!! Pat the Xara team on the back too.
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Carpenter View Post
    Does the text on other sites appear larger in your FireFox?
    They may, but I never notice it because all of them look good, and do not have the problems your has. I think your main problem is that you have used exact pixel locations for each of your elements, and you have not allowed for people who will view them at different sizes.

Good luck.

And ps - that was a screenshot of IE. FF looks much better on my system.
    Last edited by David O'Neil; 05 January 2007 at 02:26 PM.

Colin, I'm using IE-7, and your site is very attractive, easy on the eyes and VERY quick and easy to navigate.
    ---
    Will

Thanks to all of you for the feedback ... it's good to know that it looks right on most PCs and browsers and that it's not a complete turn off to visitors. Keep up the good work.

A quick note to Xara .... if you could incorporate an ""Export to PDF in Booklet form" option, then my life would be complete. Working out how to print landscape A4 so that the pages fold together into booklets with print on both sides so that it reads right when stapled together is worse than trying to do a Sudoku puzzle.