Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bevel Problems - XXPro?

I have been having problems with the bevel tool in XXPro. In certain situations, the round or miter bevel property can't be applied.

I couldn't attach the actual file giving me problems because it is too large; however, use the attached and try doing what's mentioned in the next paragraph.

The problem seems to happen in large sized files containing have hi-res bitmaps add/or or bitmap effects. Could some of you add some hi-res images and also apply some bitmap plugin effects to other artwork and position them inside the bounds of each frame, zoom in on one of the corners of a frame, then try and change the bevel attribute of the frame to miter or round?

I'd be interested if you are experiencing this problem.

Thanks, John
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 03 January 2007 at 10:06 PM.

Default Re: Bevel Problems - XXPro?

Hi John,

I imported a 1.7Mb image, reduced it in size to fit under one of the rectangular bevels. Copied it and placed it below the other rectangle. Applied a Bump Map plug-in. Zoomed in and changed the bevel type on both rectangles. I experienced no problems whatsoever, all bevel types were available.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,
    Rats.

Could you post your relevant preferences? Perhaps I have something set incorrectly.
    Last edited by jclements; 04 January 2007 at 03:00 PM.

Hi John,
    Very late last night I downloaded your file and noticed you had at least two rectangles beveled to make your frame and your mitred corner was easly sorted as the outer one had a "bevel join". When making a frame I always found that if you set the line width to the width that you wanted the frame to be with no colour fill and then converted your line to a shape, then applied a bevel to that shape, clicking on the "mitre join" the corners worked out.

Sorry I am working today so dont have time to sort out your bevel at the moment will try later. Did have time see attatched file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Albacore; 04 January 2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: had time
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi Albacore:

Thanks for your input.

I just took another look at the file.

This time I zoomed in on the upper-right corner of the lower right frame on page1. With the bevel tool, I click on the frame and then click of the Miter join-option of the Info Bar and the frame would NOT change.

Next, I removed the bevel and then created a new interior round bevel with the Miter join-option selected. IT WORKED.

For some strange reason it seems updating/editing a bevel's Join parameters isn't working properly, so the question is: 1. is it my PC or my preferences, 2. is it unique to this file, or 3. is it a BUG