Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: corel refresh

Default corel refresh

hi
    not sure if this is a corel problem
    have had corel x3 for about 6 months it has been put on 4 different computers and not had problem i am about to describe
    in coreldraw work keeps disappearing can still see page but anything i have done is invisible, refresh does not work, can see in it print preview
    would it have anything todo with graphics card its a nvidia geforce go 7300 has the latest drive for it.
    has anyone else had this problem

baz
    IP

Default Re: corel refresh

Have you tried to hold down F8 on boot, this resets to factory default. Something may have gone haywire with the install. Occasionally I've had programs act squirrelly after an install. Sometimes a defrag is in order, as Windows rather just throws the data at the hard disk. Irregardless, a defrag is not a bad idea.

Have you tried installing again? Be sure to select standard install.

If not any of the above, you are most likely right about the video card though I have heard that some anti-virus can be at fault too. Do you have the same anti-virus on the other machines?

If it is as you suspect, the thing to do is to obtain the newest driver from NVidia and then if that fails to solve the problem, contact Corel. Corel is no great at getting back to you, however.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

hi sally
    have tried all the things you have mentioned
    still the same
    its is a brand new laptop have stopped it happening as much
    could not get use to touch pad if you used the bottom of the pad it started to scroll left/right so have turned that of

ps your right about corel never got back to me
    thanks
    barry
    IP

When all things are equal, but they never are, it is easier to figure out what to do. As many people do not by OEM computers but from major manufacturers who give you hybrids of Windows, some of this can also interfere with the way the software is behaving. As it is, it behaves quite well in other regards, I have had some files that do a similar thing, files which were brought in as .pdf from Adobe Pagemaker and even though they are now in CorelDRAW, there remains some coding that causes problems. In some instances, have gone back to version 8, and resaved in a new file name and then reopened it and it was fine. So many previous versions of DRAW and there is a big difference in the number of new features that DRAW 13 has over previous versions, saving back and forth between multiple machines, it is a wonder that there aren't more glitches. The default for DRAW is 2 undos for bitmap effects, and with such a low number it may cause problems in a file, also the new display of fonts in the drop down menu for font selection, can cause problems, eating memory when it doesn't need it. This can be turned off. These are adjustments you can make to options, also to assign DRAW more RAM, instead of what they give you, I assign 50 to 60% of the RAM to DRAW when I am working in it and have found less problems.

Alas, though I try to help, I cannot solve everyone's dilema.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP