Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Webbstyle 4/Dreamweaver and Java

Once I have the nave bars in Dreamweaver 8 and click on the nabar I get this message: while executing inspectselection in wsd4dwexpilocked.html, the following javascript error (s) ocurred: at line 51 of file..............

I unistalled dreamwasver8 and webstyle 4 and reinstalled both programs and the same problem persists. Please, please. please/////help

Ed Rangel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error page.gif 
Views:	478 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	33513  

Default Re: Webbstyle 4/Dreamweaver and Java

Ed - from Dreamweaver - can you post the code of the problem of line 51. Cut and Paste from Code View. Or it simply does not insert from Webstyle. I'm thinking that something you did in Webstyle doesn't jive with Dreamweaver. I've had a few problems like the one you mentioned.

If you can post a portion of the code we could have a look.

Also in Dreamweaver Ed - make sure your importing your nav bar like this ..... insert> image objects> fireworks html (or image with html). You could also post a source file of the Navbar made in Webstyle. Take a look at the code in Javascript.

Bill Wood
    Expresiv Designs
    Last edited by bwood; 24 December 2006 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks for the response. Here is line 51:
    #holderdiv {
    width: 180px;
    padding-right: 10px;
    padding-left: 10px;
    (this is line 51 without the parenthetical statement) }
    /*the individual text boxes in the left-hand column*/
    .leftcoldiv {
    margin: 10px 0;
    background-color: #eeeecc;/*themecolour1;*/
    border: 1px solid #4b4b33;/*themecolour1$ -21%,-68.6%;*/
    width: 180px;
    }

Here is Webstyle4 navcode:

<script Webstyle4>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="espanolindice_files/xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="espanolindice_files/espanolindice_hnavbar.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="espanolindice_files/espanolindice_hnavbar.gif" moduleid="kt (Project)\espanolindice_hnavbar_off.xws"*/</script>

Thanks

Ed

Let's try to keep this simple. Open up a new page in Dreamweaver - and insert only the code from Webstyle .... hit f12 and see if anything is happening.

The second thing - open up a new page and Dreamweaver and make a simple table row. 1 column. That makes a container for the code from Webstyle. If you note in the opening thread - sometimes you must put navbars made in Webstyle into a structured "box"

I can't see much wrong in the code, other than the placement of the javascript on the Dreamweaver page. I think the navbar has to be 'isolated' as such in a portion of a table (if possible).

Bill w

Ed -

Try taking out the words 'webstyle 4' in your java code. Note the closing tag doesn't match ........

<script webstyle 4> action of script </script>

The tag <script> doesn't have an attribute in XHTML.

try that. I've pasted and validated your script and come up with the one major error.

Bill Wood

I have the same problem. removing webstyle from the code does not help.

Maddia:

I was never able to fix this particular problem. After some time of troubleshooting my LCD panel was shattered ( frustration is a bad thing ) when I slammed it shut. Now I have installed the programs on a new laptop and the problem has not surfaced. I don't know what the problem was but taking it out on my laptop was sure an expensive out .

Ed