Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not sure that I'm able to agree with the consensus of opinion this far.

I don't think that the intended audience of XPE would share the logic that a massive reduction in colour would result in a greyscale image? I don't think that either method of using a slider would necessarily be the best way - so my vote would go with Charles's option {a}.

I would perhaps suggest combining 'Greyscale' with other basic colour alteration schemes in a similar selection that most decent digital cameras offer (I think my Sony P92 offers Greyscale, Sepia, Negative, Black & White, and Solarise)... and add a new button to include these toys.

ANOTHER SOLUTION

I DON'T agree with "C" because I have used other apps that do AND I find it too hard to control.

Currently, I am of the opinion that the "Tool tip", which is seen when the cursor is placed over the slider, should tell the user that they can manually enter vales >+50 or <-50.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel:
    I would perhaps suggest combining 'Greyscale' with other basic colour alteration schemes in a similar selection that most decent digital cameras offer (I think my Sony P92 offers Greyscale, Sepia, Negative, Black & White, and Solarise)... and add a new button to include these toys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, now THAT sounds like a great, fun solution Charles!! Nice one Daniel! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hmmm... Maybe John has come up with a quick easy fix to our dilema. People wouldn't have to dig for the info, and no major rewrite of any code would be required. Kill two 2 birds with one stone.

Maybe John earned himself a rubber cookie for this one. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    John/DOT

J.R. (John Ross?),

... and not a rubber hammer.?