Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Help with clean edges

Quote Originally Posted by jedfrechette View Post
    I vaguely seem to recall reading that the only way to completely stop Xtreme from anti-aliasing is to do something silly like drawing your image so that each line coresponds exactly to a pixel. To fix your problem I would simply crop off the couple of extra pixels that have been anti-aliased in a bitmap editor.

Also notice that there is a slight problem with the height of the recipe header in Opera.
    They are whole pixels - but I will try chopping the image in a bitmap editor, bit of a drag though. The original image in xara looks sharp even zoomed up.

Thanks for pointing out the opera problem, I've just finished getting round the IE bugs - now opera and Safari - what joy!

Perhaps it's because I know it's there, I see it so clearly - but the line is there in IE7, Firefox and Opera.
    Last edited by caroig; 20 December 2006 at 03:10 PM.

Post Re: Help with clean edges

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    There is no line next to 'Salt Beef' when I look at it in IE7.
    Regards, Ross
    Ross, I can even see it clearly on your attachement...I use IE7 too and I didn't have to zoom in to see it..
    Last edited by MarciaB; 20 December 2006 at 03:59 PM.
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by caroig View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the opera problem, I've just finished getting round the IE bugs - now opera and Safari - what joy!
    I took a quick look at your code and it wasn't immediately obvious why this was happening, but then again its been awhile since I did much HTML. It looks fine in Safari btw.

Quote Originally Posted by caroig View Post
    Perhaps it's because I know it's there, I see it so clearly...
    I've recently gotten bitten by a similar problem. I exported a large black and white line drawing as a tiff to be included in a poster. I didn't notice that Xtreme had added a light gray 1 px line along the entire right hand side of the image until I had already shelled out the $150 to Kinkos to have the poster printed. The very strange thing about this was that most of the right hand edge of the image was white so Xtreme anti-aliased white and white and came up with light gray. I'm not sure how that works. Of course, I was the only one who noticed the line but its still irritating, what can I say I'm a perfectionist
    Jed

I think this is text size in opra is set to largest
    Wizzard <|:-)
    "All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best one."

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
    I think this is text size in opra is set to largest
    Yep, it is a text size issue, although I'm using the default size. I see that increasing the text size in Firefox results in text that is cut off rather than a taller div. I'm not sure which of these behaviors is correct but I'm glad I can still read the content.
    Jed

Had the same problem
    it prob has to do with the monitor resolution
    on 1280x1024 shows a line
    on 1024x768 not

also browsers may try to align on whole pixels
    (like vectorfonts must always be on a whole pix aligned,otherwise they become blurry)
    i thinkthis might be the case

Gr.Hans

It is the anti-aliasing. I imported the image into another app and filled the 1px 'pink' strip right and bottom. Now it fits well - but my colors seem to be awry - I'll get there in the end.

Why isn't there an anti-anti-aliasing option in Xara? This two step or rather two app process is a drag.

Thanks to all for the input.

Hey Marcia, I'm not sure if I got "she"d for my sexual anonimity, the fact that it was a recipe or that Caroig sounds a bit girlie - perhaps it was my anima shining through

Simon

I think the export function exports at whatever view quality you currently have set, so if you turn the view quality down so that it doesn't do any AA and then export, you wouldn't have this problem.

But then again, your image might not look better on the whole...

A tricky situation at best. I'd love it if they had an option to turn off aliasing on, say, a per-object basis or something. But as much as I'd love the option, I can see the complications it would bring to the show that make it highly unlikely that it would ever happen.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

I see that your green corner on the footer also has the white line.
    I have had this problem before with gif files.
    I would try to place the corner on a bar just as it would look in the web page. Then export it on the white background and the red bar behind the corner. Then it should look ok.
    Here are the files that I made and the .xar file.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Had the same problem
    it prob has to do with the monitor resolution
    on 1280x1024 shows a line
    on 1024x768 not

Gr.Hans
    Hans, you are right about the resolution, on my laptop, 1440 x 900 (letterbox proportions) I can see the line, as well as on my desktop (1600 x 1200). I just checked another laptop, 1024 x 768, and it does not show.

Interesting.
    ---
    Will