Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello,

I have a quick question...

I have been designing graphics and websites for a few years now. When it comes to less complex work I can handle it no problem. I'm basically at my "peak" of what I can do and I'm becoming quite limited as to how advanced I can make my graphics. I'm looking to expand. I see graphics like these all over the Internet:

http://www.digitalabuse.net/

I'm referring to the top header (blue lights with stars, etc). How exactly would I go about making something like that? What programs would I use and what plugins or techniques? I understand it's probably done with different pictures and layers but I've attempted it quite a few times with poor results.

Would anyone care to help answer my questions? Thanks very much!
    IP

Hello,

I have a quick question...

I have been designing graphics and websites for a few years now. When it comes to less complex work I can handle it no problem. I'm basically at my "peak" of what I can do and I'm becoming quite limited as to how advanced I can make my graphics. I'm looking to expand. I see graphics like these all over the Internet:

http://www.digitalabuse.net/

I'm referring to the top header (blue lights with stars, etc). How exactly would I go about making something like that? What programs would I use and what plugins or techniques? I understand it's probably done with different pictures and layers but I've attempted it quite a few times with poor results.

Would anyone care to help answer my questions? Thanks very much!
    IP

The top heaader is a flash movie which took ages to download. The drawing which is done Flash is in layers. Some overlaid layers have vector shapes. The one to the left is also vector with the alpha channel reduced (transparencies). They also have a movie onto top which gives the flashing lights down the side.

Most of what you see in the movie is fairly easy to do why not go to some of the "Flash Site" and download some files if you have flash if not why no use Image Ready to do some animated gif's and use photoshop to do the rest there are tutorials all over the place to show you how to do these type of header. Even the mags provide the art with instructions on how to manipulate the graphics to produce the header.

To round of, use google and forums to get links to these sites and spend a little time using PS to create this type of graphic. Sorry to preach to you and I hope that helps.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

I think I've improved on my graphic skills. I worked all day yesterday and came up with this site.

http://www.notoriousenterprises.com

What do you think? Any good? Just one thing. I'm using mouseovers for the menu & how can I make it load and respond faster? The mouseovers seem to be very slow. Thanks!
    IP