Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate Xara

Default Re: I hate Xara

Sally, you are so right about paying attention to details. Since I was first lucky enough to discover this group, I have learned much about detail...even little things like not putting highlights in the wrong place to match the shadows in a drawing.

Certainly your attention to detail pays off...

Your hotrod with flames is REALLY cool, and the headlight's realism makes the whole image sparkle.
    ---
    Will
    IP

Smile Re: I hate Xara

Sally
    It is true you notice different things like light and shade, formation etc and everything looks beautiful in its own ways.
    Thanks for the wisdom.
    Will thanks
    IP

Panfer, most of the members here probably are addicted to xara, I am one of them. I have spent more than 30 hours working on Xtreme, 3D6 over a weekend. Now I am using the skill and knowledge from this forum to design animations and graphics for friends’ websites, free of charge. “The worst” is that I just purchased Xtreme Pro. and Alien Skin Eye Candy 400. Cheers.
    By the way, Bill, I got the registration code for Eye Candy 2 days ago. Thanks.
    IP

Addiction has gotten such a bad rap. Our are brains wired for addiction, if we give addiction it's broadest definition: a substance or behavior which our brains tell us we MUST have/perform. We are all BORN with additions, to salt, for instance and eating. We are unconscious of our 'salt hunger', but we will be driven to salty foods like deer to a salt lick if we get low on it.

So let us be a bit more generous to ourselves. Hell, some folks are addicted to work. Now, where i might think it a kindness to euthanize these poor sufferers, I can be generous and acknowledge that they are not doing ME any harm and indulge them their masochistic pleasures. In fact, i would even be willing to allow them to do my work for me, Lord knows I don't wanna do it. Not when I can sit at home and draw.

tou jours,

geo.
    “Beauty consists in a certain luster and proportion” - Aquinas
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBen View Post
    Addiction has gotten such a bad rap. Our are brains wired for addiction, if we give addiction it's broadest definition: a substance or behavior which our brains tell us we MUST have/perform. We are all BORN with additions, to salt, for instance and eating. We are unconscious of our 'salt hunger', but we will be driven to salty foods like deer to a salt lick if we get low on it.

So let us be a bit more generous to ourselves. Hell, some folks are addicted to work. Now, where i might think it a kindness to euthanize these poor sufferers, I can be generous and acknowledge that they are not doing ME any harm and indulge them their masochistic pleasures. In fact, i would even be willing to allow them to do my work for me, Lord knows I don't wanna do it. Not when I can sit at home and draw.

tou jours,

geo.
    Man we are so on one line, I feel just the same.
    I love drawing, especially with xara, so I don`t hate
    xara, I hate my job, how dare they take me away from my favorite
    addiction.
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

Yeah, Xara should come with a disclaimer on the box: This product produces euphoria from daily use do to its simple interface and the powerful way it blows Illy out of the water. The money you save in not buying Adobe products can now be used to get a good tablet, some extra plugins and an extra monitor so you can really draw in style. CAUTION: Avoid long periods of being out of the house as this may cause you to stay up all night to compensate. The need to keep food in the house, isn't such a need afterall. Xara could be used for weight control given severe enough addition (fried egg sandwiches and fried mushrooms and bacon are excluded of course).
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

GeoBen,

I never really thought putting Xara software in the same category as salted Potato Chips, but now that you mention it...

To me the most refreshing thing about Xara products is the tG interface to interactivity.

For years, those who didn't own Photoshop or Illustrator were left out of the loop.

Those who were experts in bitmap applications had difficulty explaining how they did something because they depended more on their natural artistic talent than their ability to teach how to do something.

With Xara Xtreme and its bigger sister 'Pro' , users can finally get an insight into how things are done because of the intuitive tools that Xara offers.

Vector artwork allows the average artist to see how things are done because of the standardized methods employed by the expert and the beginner.

While the Professional Artist may have more insight and experience, he or she can point exactly how things are done with Xara tools. In the case of talkGraphics, this is the case seen on a daily basis.

With other applications, you might see a tutorial done ever six months or so leaving the user out there in 'confusion' land.
    Last edited by jamesmc; 26 December 2006 at 05:37 PM.
    IP

I found Xara by a web search for vector drawing tools on Google. So if Google wan't doing its job, I'd not bee here.

Yes, I suppose TG that is a major add-on to Xara that the others have nothing like it, is a great resource, a challenge a continuous tutorial, responsive, interactive and what the others don't have is a company that pays attention to what the software users say.

One could hate Xara, it's like hating chocolate.

Now there's aversion therapy, huh?!?!
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Lightbulb Re: I hate Xara

chocolate, Potato Chips, addiction, love, hate, sorrow....
    that is all part of life and xara plays a big part in it and makes everything colourful and less painful.

HappyNew Year to you all,
    Niloufer
    IP