Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default problem installing xtreme from CD

Some time ago, I downloaded Xara Xtreme and purchased the CD. I've been using it with very few problems, until last week. When I tried to open the program, a window opened informing me that this was the download version, which had expired, and since I had purchased the CD, I should install it. Well, I was pretty sure I had installed the CD, so I looked around on my system for other Xara shortcuts, and found one that opened the CD version. I had been working on a project, and much to my suprise, some of the elements of the design, such as blends, did not load.

Anyway, now when I try to open Xtreme, I get the same message about using the download version instead of the CD version, regardless of how I try to open the program. So now, I can't use the program at all. I've tried to uninstall it so as to allow me a clean install, but I can't find the program in the list generated by xp's "change/remove programs" feature. I've also tried to reinstall xtreme from the CD, but I can't get the install shield to work properly. I suspect that somehow, I have both versions installed, and that somehow my shortcuts don't know which version to open, and I suppose that there is a manual way to uninstall it, but I need help. Any suggestions? (I've e-mailed customer support, but other than an acknowlegement and a ticket number, I haven't recieved a reply yet, and I really need to get this project done.) I'm running windows xp home sp2.

-Thanks in advance.

Default Re: problem installing xtreme from CD

Well, I'm still waiting for a reply on my ticket from Xara Tech Support. I have been thinking of upgrading to Pro, but perhaps I need to think about Corel instead.

Quote Originally Posted by electricsteve View Post
    Well, I'm still waiting for a reply on my ticket from Xara Tech Support. I have been thinking of upgrading to Pro, but perhaps I need to think about Corel instead.
    That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face! Once I started using Xtreme Pro, my Corel has been relegated to the background.

Quote Originally Posted by electricsteve View Post
    You posted on a Friday. Then you posted today. Somewhere in between the two posts was Sasturday and Sunday. Believe it or not some people do still get the weekend off from work, even if you don't, especially a week before Christmas!

And don't forget the timezone difference between where you are and where the Xara offices are in England.
    Last edited by Doug; 19 December 2006 at 12:26 AM.

All that you said is true, and I guess because of the pressure on me, I'm getting a little impatient, but I also neglected to mention that I contacted customer support the day before posting on this board. Sorry if I seem a little too anxious, and thank you for responding.