Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Brush Control's in Painter IX

Hi

Does anyone know of any good resources of info about the Brush Control Pallette? I would like to gain full control over this section of Painter IX, which at the moment I find can often be confusing!

For example when you select certain type of dabs, various parameters become available or disabled. At the moment I really have to mess about with the controls to try and achieve what I am after, but it is all a bit hit & miss. I really could do with a clear reference for what to me is proberbly Painter's most powerful asset.

Many Thanks
    J_T
    IP

Default Re: Brush Control's in Painter IX

I managed to find the resource I was looking for. The Painter IX help files! The help file is in my Painter IX.5/Help folder but for some reason does not launch from the menu. Maybe this is a bug? I have been learning painter for a couple of weeks and thought the program had no help file included. Doh!
    IP

Default Re: Brush Control's in Painter IX

JT,

The best way to learn about the brush controls, what they do, how they work and how they interact is to work through them. One way to learn is to make a list of all the possible available brush parameters. Some are exclusive to a particular type of brush but many are shared.

Then take a bog starndard brush of your choice, and write down all the parameters. Take a second brush and by changing a single parameter at a time convert the second brush into the first. Hopefully this will give you some insights into the various controls.
    IP