Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default panarama images turn out lovely in Xara!

During a recent vacation, in a few locations I took images that if laid end to end, top to bottom could create a larger, panarama style image.

Tried a panarama software that could only do a single layer. Ok results but I have images that need to be added in vertically for best results. Then tried a couple other photo programs. All stitched the pictures but didn't look the way I could see it in my head. Didn't have a tripod with me so the images were not exactly lined up.

As a final thought, I opened Xara Xtreme (still a novice with it so it did not immediately come to mind for the project). Threw 3 images into a project and was QUICKLY able to overlay them nicely. Added more and in the end, one of the panoramas I made has 21 separate shots and shows a 180 degree view. I adjusted some of the brightness/contrast to purposely create an uneven collage look to the final image. Even though the overlay is not perfect in some places, the result is very pleasing. Will be tweaking it a bit more then I'll print the final image on a 11x17 slick paper and may even get it framed!

The more I work with Xara Xtreme Pro, the more I like it.
    Thanks guys for making such a FUN program! It's addictive.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: panarama images turn out lovely in Xara!

Yes Smantha,

It's great for doing this. You can also create 1 bitmap and use ClipView to animate it in XXPro.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: panorama images turn out lovely in Xara!

A while back I bought panorama software to make something like that for a commercial website. GACK!

But you say that Xtreme Pro can do it? I am amazed again and more convinced than ever that this is the most versatile graphic program I have used! Every time I think I have the program pegged for what it can and should and should not be used for, I find it can do MORE. The interface is so simplistic it is deceiving.

When you say use clipview to animate...Can you point me in a direction to read up on this process? I would enjoy learning to use Xtreme for this function. I have already created a bitmap of my spliced image and am ready...
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Neat.

It kind of looks like javascript- like the one on some "modeling" sites that show the models and kind of rotate or slide the pictures slowly so you see how splendiferous they are as you read the bio...

Too bad XXP doesnt provide for inserting someting like your gently sliding panorama into a larger SWF website file.

Have to wait for Xara Pro Pro.

Here's a quick tutorial. Can't go into the details of photo manipulation in any depth. Hopefully this helps. ( In fact i'm quite pissed at the moment and listening to the new remixed Beatles "Love" CD . I'm not really here but back in the 60's)

This is an embedded swf file. Click on the bottom right arrow to progress.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 15 December 2006 at 06:03 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Too bad XXP doesnt provide for inserting someting like your gently sliding panorama into a larger SWF website file.
    I don't understand that?
    Egg

I recall in the help file, or in the "what's new in XXP" stuff that Charles or someone mentioned-- in the area where it lists what is NOT supported in XXP for flash output-- that the embedding of swf into your xara swf export is not allowed. Referencing another swf in your swf.

In other words, taking your previous sfw-is-crap file, and referencing your current little panorama swf inside of it- so your swf website can have a little gallery or slideshow in it. That's not supported in XXP new flash capabilties.

I'm hoping to be corrected on this...

And cheers.

Whether or not people need the export PDF, or compatability with Illustrator, this simple flash panorama is worth the price for XXPro for anyone with a website! Having used both SwishMax to build regular flash pieces and a panorama software (with bells and whistles like hot spots) I can say that it took me far less time to produce this lovely result in XXPro!

I took 21 separate photographs (each exceeding 2mb), combined them vertically and horizontally to create a panorama in one Xara project. Was very impressed that Xara could handle so many images at one time without hanging up! Used the linear transparency to adjust a few overlays. (Could actually have done a bit more but it is close enough for now...)

- Used clipview to create a cropped image and exported as PNG.
    - Then brought that PNG into frame 1 of my flash.
    - Applied a rectangle clipview.
    - Copied frame twice.
    - 2nd frame I moved the long image all the way to the other side.
    - Adjusted frame rate to 20 seconds on frame 1 and 2
    - Adjusted frame rate to 0 for frame 3
    - Tested, captured HTML code. Put it into a webpage here:
    http://www.samisite.com/germany/ourwoods.htm

The flash is WIDTH=342 HEIGHT=382 and I know the original images were HUGE so I am very pleased with the file size of only 178kb!

THANK YOU!! Your tutorial is GREATLY appreciated!! It did the trick perfectly.
    Last edited by samrc; 16 December 2006 at 02:38 PM. Reason: modified url to new location
    -Samantha

Samantha, these woods are lovely. No wonder you have such fond memories of them. I think you have done justice to their beauty.

Thanks for sharing!
    ---
    Will

Thank you. I will probably tweak it a bit more later.
    It was a labor of love putting that together from vacation photos taken last month. Spent many happy hours on that hill in Hohenecken, Germany.

Seeing it again in person, looking like it did so many years ago really felt like a Twilight Zone event! Even our old house looked the same! Same color, same windows, doors, no change to the front yard or low brick wall out front. Time stood still in that little corner of the world!
    -Samantha