Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sorting photos - another use for Xtreme

The scenario: 50 photos to pick for a website/presentation etc.

Steps:
    1. create small copies of each photo - I used XnView - say 200 px wide
    2. open Xtreme (any version!) and drag the photos from Windows Explorer onto the page.
    3. rearrange to your heart's content
    4. the name of the bitmap is shown at the bootm in the status line, but you can open the Name gallery (Used Bitmaps section) and click on each photo chosen.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Default Re: Sorting photos - another use for Xtreme

A great tip.

Maybe XPRO will allow us (sometime in the future) to import a multiple selection of files too.

Did not know about the drag and drop from explorer to the Xara window! Just tried it and it worked like a charm. Thank you SO MUCH for that tip.

Last night I loaded 11 images into one xara document, imported one by one by one. Next time I will use the drag and drop!
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

I didn;t realize this was such a big deal, Ive been doing it for a while, thought it was what everyone was doing...

Hey look, I don't know much, but at least I know one or two things, but not much more...

What would be interesting to me is if picasa would have the ability to drag into xara. At this point, when you drag from picasa, it does not let you drag to xara, nor anywhere else outside the program for that matter. I have to take the intermediate step of locating the pic on the hard drive ( it open up a win expl window ), then dragging from there... kind of a drag...

ive tried all the photo cataolging programs, even some of the "pro" ones, and little freeware picasa beats them all, IMO.

A useful little tweak our pals at Xara could make would be the ability to print the list from the Gallery - if you delete the bitmaps you *don't* want, you would have the names of the files to keep.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Thumbs up Re: Sorting photos - another use for Xtreme

go get this little program one of the best if not the best free photo viewer, re-sizer and re-everything else. You can drag and drop into xara or open into any program, tweak your shots etc, you name it, it does it......tao

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htmV

Quote Originally Posted by Tallis View Post
    Hey look, I don't know much, but at least I know one or two things, but not much more...
    Hey, Tallis...

This is the greatest strength of this forum. Very few people know EVERYTHING about this program, but by sharing what we know, we are all going to keep getting better and better.
    ---
    Will

Will,

If only the United Nations had your attitude....

The world would be a better place....

But I shall stifle myself before I get ( more) off topic, and become a Xara non Grata

Hey Tao,

faststone image viewer. thanks. checking it out now.

Is there a way to have it pre-thumbnail all the image directories in the background ( esp network folders) so initial browsing isnt so slow?

Question Re: Sorting photos - another use for Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by Tao jones View Post
    go get this little program one of the best if not the best free photo viewer, re-sizer and re-everything else. You can drag and drop into xara or open into any program, tweak your shots etc, you name it, it does it......tao

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htmV
    I could not get this link to Open...???
    Tom - Hwy101