Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image filled shape

Hi All,

I have been trying to make a rounded rectangular box with an infill consisting of a landscape image i.e a rounded rectangle landscape photograph. I did manage to get it work earlier but now I seem to be getting an error message when I try it.
    The prcoedure I followed was basically drawing a rectangular box of certain domensions (242px by 72px) then imprting an image of the same dimensions, but it had to be adjusted to 242px by 72px despite the fact is was cut to that size in PSP7. I then "Shift" + Clicked both of them.
    Then I went to "Combine Shapes">"Add Shapes" thenshift clicked them again and "Combine Shapes">"Intersect Shapes". Then an error saying:
    "The shape combining operation failed to create a result" appeared.

I wondered if anone knew why the error was appearing and/or iof they had a solution to merging the shape and photo to produce a "shaped" photograph? I am quite sure I used this exact procedure earlier today, but unfortunately I deleted the work thinking I knew exactly what I was doing....

In addition if I unclick either image they seem to alter their shapes by 0.2 px or so.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Edit:
    Just found a crop photo tutorial on YouTube so I'll give this a try.....
    Last edited by AndyD; 12 December 2006 at 02:32 PM. Reason: YouTube Video found

Default Re: Image filled shape

maybe easyer to do it so
    make the folder of your freq.used pics a fillfolder
    goto the fillfolder(Gallery righthandside)
    draw rectangle with rounded corners (keep selected)
    click your needed pic > click fill
    done
    (you also can drag the thumb from the fillgallery on top of the rounded(or any)object

Hope this helps

Gr,Hans

Or just import your photograph into Xara. Draw your rectangle to the size and shape you require and while it is still selected go to the bitmap gallery, select the photograph you imported and click fill. You can adjust the fill while the rectangle is selected with the fill tool by adjusting the handles.
    Derek

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I went with the method outlined in the Xara tutorial, maybe a bit more effort but it worked. I will try the alternative methods you suggest and then decide which to stay with.
    Again, many thanks for your time and suggestions.

Cheers
    Andy