8 10.26%
  • I will stay on Xtreme

16 20.51%
  • I will leave Xara

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Question Re: Poll: To buy or not to buy XXPro

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    A very simple addition (I would suppose) but isn't it great ?
    (forgive me, just back from 3 wk in Caribbean) I would be Upgrading from Xtreme... what is the Price to Upgrade? (I haven't gotten any Notice)

Thanks - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

Default Re: Poll: To buy or not to buy XXPro

Yep I agree with Will - the new multi column alone makes it worth it!
    Wizzard <|:-)
    "All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best one."

The upgrade page says:
    'The price of an upgrade from Xtreme to Xtreme Pro will be just $99 instead of the regular price of $120. Ends 12th December. Offer extended until 21st December.'
    Wizzard <|:-)
    "All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best one."

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    (forgive me, just back from 3 wk in Caribbean) I would be Upgrading from Xtreme... what is the Price to Upgrade? (I haven't gotten any Notice)

Thanks - Tom
    Tom, you REALLY missed out! That'll teach you to take a vacation! The rest of us have been going nuts with the new features of XXP, ESPECIALLY the creation of Flash animations within Pro!

I'm so happy that Xara extended the special introductory upgrade price so that you will be able to get in on the savings. Your work deserves the best!

When you going to/from the Caribbean, by the way, you may have practically passed me, since I live in Miami.
    ---
    Will

Smile Re: Poll: To buy or not to buy XXPro

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Tom, you REALLY missed out! That'll teach you to take a vacation! The rest of us have been going nuts with the new features of XXP, ESPECIALLY the creation of Flash animations within Pro!

I'm so happy that Xara extended the special introductory upgrade price so that you will be able to get in on the savings. Your work deserves the best!

When you going to/from the Caribbean, by the way, you may have practically passed me, since I live in Miami.
    ---
    Will
    I am 'Glad' they "Extended" too! I took a look at the Comparison Chart & Decide to Buy that Puppy! Woo Hoo! (wanted to Support Xara anyway!)

Miami now Holds "Special" Meaning for Me: Having Been Searched 3 Times! Imagine: Old White Guy in Shorts (brrrrrrr, I left 85 degree Panama to 55 degree Miami -what happened, not Pay the Sun-Bill? LOL), Said My 2 Panama Guides, and 3 Phrase Books look like Money -yeah, right! Then I ONE bottle of Hot Sauce, 3 oz, Promently displayed in My 1 Quart Clear Baggie... took 5 'Okays' to get thru... I was down to the Sandwich I got in Airport in Panama but didn't get to Eat... they were going to get me for that; but, Old Guy Fooled 'em! I Ate the Evidence while waiting for Another Non-Fitting the Profile for Terrorist to be Searched... LOL
    (burb) Excuse Me!

Panama could be a Good Place to Retire (very economical) ! Next year I am going further South!

Tom
    Tom - Hwy101

I've not really looked at any of their other products but I bought Xtreme Pro within seconds of seeing that it was available, via a pop-up when I started Xtreme. I didn't even look at the new features, I just want to support whatever they are doing with the product.
    TBH, there is nothing in Pro that I need or am likely to use as I use it for GUI design and album artwork. Multi-column text might be handy at some point but nothing in the rest of it has much use as I always give printers TIFFs so they can't screw anything up. I use Autodesk Combustion and Corel R.A.V.E. for Flash work so the Flash stuff, which seems very, very clunky in Pro, is of no interest either.
    Being even more honest, I was perfectly happy with X1 and didn't need any of the new stuff offered in Xtreme either. Maybe I should stop upgrading until they offer me something I really need? I have no idea what that something might be, though, so it's probably better that I just keep giving them money.

Pro has loads of stuff that I need, and I tried to buy it yesterday.. for some reason the same credit card I've used to buy the previous update works no more.