Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CYMK Tiff export not working Xpro 300dpi

Hi, There seems to be something out of whack with the export cymk tiff function. It turns a lot of colours to black and sometimes the dreaded error message comes up and closes Xpro down with a bang...is this a known issue?
    Export as a PSD is fine and then you can save as a CYMK tiff from PS and all is right....what to do? taojones
    here is the file I am trying to do it to, I have tried it from CYMK workspace and RGB to CYMK tiff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tao jones; 10 December 2006 at 01:42 AM.

Default Re: CYMK Tiff export not working Xpro 300dpi

Its the use of the pure RGB graduated fill that causing the problem. If you make a bitmapped copy of the sun and the guitar (png) and then export CMYK with compression set to None everything works out fine although colours are a bit washed out. The washout of colours is what you get when you change from RGB to CMYK as there is not the same colour range in CMYK. If you are taking this to the printers for publication why not talk to your printer first as most ripping sotware can now handle RGB.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: CYMK Tiff export not working Xpro 300dpi

thanks Albacore, I suspected the fills..but I can export all the fills as PNG and also as Tiff RGB. I know I would lose colour but I was just experimenting to see if an image made in RGB can be exported as a CYMK tiff. It looks like it can't unless you do a work around as you suggest.
    I think the best way I found is to PSD and then CYMK in PS. Maybe it would be different if I designed the whole thing in CYMK.
    I just did a quick image (below)with fills, shadows, and bevels in a CYMK workspace using only CYMK colours and exported as tiff CYMK 300dpi and it worked fine...maybe I should just stick to black and white, regards tj
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	33093