Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Help drawing an egg

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    You try to be friendly and helpful Egg and look what happens, people make fun of you, I think its terrible. Now people are saying that you have come out of the closet, is that true by the way because my children watch your videos. In my opinion Egg you should close this topic and give Sally a good hard smack as for Raymond i would put Egg on his face.
    I will reply to this in a PM and to Egg. Egg isn't offended, too bad you are.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Sally,

Albacore is joking, he's not offended.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Several ways to give one a smack. Having been at the bitter end of it, and knowing how that feels, hard to take it in stride.

Several of the members have joked they wouldn't mind taking the other kind of smack at me. If Gary did a mistle toe tutorial, I'd probably be voted the one most likely to be put under it.

Oh, well, my own fault, my posts are often tongue in cheek. I've been told I am the queen of the double entendres. Should dye my hair brown, get artificial intelligence.

Now must work in the "egg" lesson, I should have known Albacore was just "kidding", I was being just an "egghead". Eggs: hmm -- Great place to start drawing a face. Or in the case of Valery who does so well with drawing people via elipses, the elipse, once drawn is easily altered to form various muscles on the human body. Did that in a leg study I did recently, but have to make everything funny. I can remember things better when they are enjoyable, life is more worthwhile living.

Glad you weren't offended, Egg.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Egg is our kind of guy, you know we love you, don't you Egg?
    http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoti...happy/1184.gif

Cheers http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoti.../happy/042.gif

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    If Gary did a mistle toe tutorial, I'd probably be voted the one most likely to be put under it.
    Then you'd get lots of kisses. You would complain?
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by cbutton69 View Post
    I have no problem drawing the shape of an egg, but I can't get the right shading to make it look realistic. My eggs all seem to be too flat. I've played around with fills (elliptical and circular), but I can't get it right, and I need help.
    With all that help have you cracked it yet if not there is another way to do it.
    I hope this is not regarded as a hijack if so please remove it
    Attached Files Attached Files

O.K.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ANUVVEREGG.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	33135  

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

I had to burst out laughing...with all the fun in this thread, I went out for Chinese food last night. My fortune cookie saidf "The Golden Egg of Good Fortune will Bring You Luck This Week."

Now Egg's name has been enhanced...I'll always think of him as the Golden Egg of Good Fortune!

Needless to say, I had to give a try at making some golden eggs in his honor ...
    ---
    Will
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WM-Eggs.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	33144  

I d'loaded the .xar file .. was just going to make the eggs a little less pointy

Then re-drew from scratch ... checkout how fewer objects are needed for a similar (not necessarily better) effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    Checkout how fewer objects are needed for a similar (not necessarily better) effect.
    Very good, Raymond...I still have a LOT to learn about this stuff, and I am not comfortable using layers. It's funny--frames make perfect sense to me when planning an animation, but I just don't have a handle on layers in a still image.

Probably digging up a tutorial on layers would be a big help!

Thanks...
    ---
    Will